You can type here any text you want

Lost to a Subaru STI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

faster

TILL I BUILT BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to Jacksonville to look at a 63 Wildcat, brought my son and took the Turbo. On the way home heading west on Normandy Boulevard out by the Air Base I'm sitting at a red light. A beautiful white STI makes a right to go west towards the base and eyeballs the T as he turns. The Subaru is good looking with its gloss black rims on the white car with the big stainless steel exhaust peeking out the back. The speed limit is 55 but he cruises slow at maybe 35-40 waiting for me to catch up. No one else is on the road, strange considering the air base is just up ahead.

It is a cool beautiful evening as we head towards the sunset and we both have our windows open. I let off the gas to coast up and ease past him. As I pass I hear him downshift but I wait till he spools and begins to pull past me. This gives him a couple of cars lead before I have 25# boost, the tires break and the T is dancing.

My son says "dad, he's watching us in his mirror and thinking this isn't going to end well" as I reel him in and blow past so fast I did not have time to see his face. I could only hear his exhaust screaming louder than mine.

I really thought the STI would give me a better race!

I brake and slow to 45 waiting for him to catch up and see if he wants to go again. He brakes, pulls into my lane and just shadows me from about 50 yards back for a mile or so and then turns into the base.

Mikey

Good job of kicking his ass,as far as the new Subaru sti they run low 13's

the sti and evo are quick,i personally dont like the newer body styles. the old sti with its gold bbs rims and blue paint are the ones i like.many around here will surprise you

There are many here too. See a few everyday here in college town.

I can tree'em but always lose the 60' especially on the street to their four wheel drive. But by the middle of second gear they are in my rear view mirror.

Actually, I'm done street racing it's just not worth it to beat a car running slower than 12.0's.

From now on if it doesn't wear a badge that says ZO-6, ZR-1, GT-R, "T", have a prancing horse or a raging bull on it I'm not getting into the alky tank.

Maybe a 2 door Mercedes or some Prosche can coax me into gassing on it but other than that I'm done chancing getting caught racing on the street.

Mikey

Good kill. STI's are an easier kill from a roll, their strength is from a dig.:wink:

Sweet, don't you love it when after handing someone their @ss, they just hang back so you can't see the look on their face.;) I have had MANY of kills in the Vett, but none in the GN. People just drive by and give the thumbs up. I think the GN's have too much of a reputation:wink:

Back