You can type here any text you want

Lost to Viper & SS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

galoush

HWY2HELL
Out was Driving around on 347 in the Mt Sinai area and came across a silver Camaro SS that was game so we go at it from about 40mph ...well he took me by about 5-6 cars , we then come to a light and i was trying to spool up before it went green but didnt get off to hard and he pulled me again , by the way the nose of his car was coming up he had to be making some power . I would have liked to talk to the guy but also a grey viper pulls up and then pulls a U so i went after him . We both come to a light in a perfect spot with a straight run and i roll up to him and the light is turning and again i couldnt launch the way i would have liked , so we go and he pulls me about 4-5 cars . By now the intercooler is Hot as hell im sure so that suckes . He got next to me and i give him the thums up . He yells over that was a good run so at least i dint get royaly spanked . 25psi and C-16 coldnt save me this time i guess . There is only one solution MORE POWER :)

hey can't win them all...sounds like the SS was mildly modded...don't pick on a viper unless you are running some serious mods:p

~~~Cool story, sad ending~~~

About 4 months ago I was driving along Chapman Ave. in the city of Orange, in Orange County on my way to the store when all of sudden I see a red viper drive up behind me. And I thought "oh joy to the world, there is a god" because just the other day I had dialed in my car and it was running like a champ. So I pull over to the side of the curb were there is a soda machine because I wanted to see if he would make the first move or if it was going to have to be me. So I get my soda and as he passes me he throws a heavy duty rev at me. After this happend I put my soda down and put both my hands up in the air so he could see me as he was driving off. He did see me and stopped, put his snake in reverse and came to talk to me. G what a suprise, rich guy, bling bling watch and necklace and tropical shirt on. So I say "I take it you think that you would win?" he replies "Im pretty sure young man." I of course had to say "Lets make this happen, follow me I know a spot were we can make this clean and quick" So we leave and I am getting a lil nervous cus it is a viper ya know, but ne waz we go to the spot on Katella Ave by Irvine Park and we both light em up and get the tires nice and hot. Go to the light, I run out and press the cross walk button, light turns red. When it went green I launched at about 6psi with no wheel spin (Thanks art carr) full 18psi of boost and mods that are listed in my signature. 0-60 was easy cus this rich mofo was spinning all through 1st gear, and I was just gone....a good 2 car lengths then hit 2nd and pulled another car till third, and stay way ahead going into fourth, then according to my scanmaster at 104 MPH I let off cus this is a public street and he was about 4 car lengths behind. When he caught up he couldn't even tell me good race, or thumbs up what an ass! But worst part is when i let off IT....started. It being 2 wrist pins, an head gasket. :(

~~~Cool story, but sad~~~

you must be a glutton for punishment! If you just got whooped by a camaro SS, what would possess you to run with a viper???:confused:

Originally posted by GNFURY
you must be a glutton for punishment! If you just got whooped by a camaro SS, what would possess you to run with a viper???:confused:

Just what I had in mind.

You should have looked for a ricer to get you back to the .500 level before trying to race a viper. Intercooler hot or not, you were in for it. :(

Better luck next time.

:cool:

Fellas this SS im sure was not stock , it had an SLP sticker on the rear and by the way this thing pulled i think it would have beat the Viper by at least one or two cars . I figured what the hell you never know till you try . If my car runs on ave 12.60 in the street and the SS took me by 6 cars go figure he was making some power to pull me and those cars are not known to hook up great either .

When i throw the used Front mount i got coming on i will seek out that Viper :p

a lot of those camaros are shooting some serious NOS i know of at least 3 of them here in LA and sound stock with minimal mods shotting 200 of NOS and they take me anyday. you just gotta be carefull on what you pick on.

hey do you ever drive down ronkonkoma ave. near the lie.... i see, what i think is ur car, all the time... give me a honk any time on the weekend.....i work in the little pool place called dolphin pool supply...trying to get some money for a lc2... love the car

Well i did grow up in Ronkonkoma so its very possible . My car Looks like a GNX with dark tinted windows , Flat hood and polished Centerline auto autodrags its most likely me . The cars not mint but it looks fairly good . If you ever need a hand when you get the motor give me a mail . :p Hey i seen a guy listing on this board with a olds GN motor swap done . i think he was looking for 4K looked pretty decent .

Back