You can type here any text you want

Lotek Pillar Pod - Install Part 2 (done)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

So got the pillar pod installed today, the boost/vacuum gauge is wired and works fine but the knock gauge still needs to be connected just ran the wires from the gauge down so I could get the pillar pod installed ...
Anyway overall it's ok, took plenty of pictures (see link below) and you can see how it turned out ... you can see it sits ontop of the OEM pillar but for the untrained eye I guess it's ok ;)

http://www.tta1078.com/pillarpod2/

Sorry about the sharpness of some of the pictures but my battery ran low in the camera and I have to take some new ones at a later point

from those pictures it almost looks like the guages are pointing away from the driver. How does it look in person? Can you easily see the rivits and where you had to cut it? Would you recommend this product to anyone else?

The gauges to point straight to the driver so that is not a problem.

The main problem I found is that out of the mold it is not a good fit ontop of the OEM pillar at all so you will have to use a couple of rivets in strategic places to make sure it sits proberly ontop of the OEM pillar, I think I used 5 or so in total. If you look sure you can see the rivets but for someone not familiar with the cars they would probabrly not spot it.

As for where I had to cut it at the top by the t-top yes you can see this and I'm not too please with the result, thinking maybe I can use some plastic glue of some sort to get a smooth beed to kind of make it blend in a bit .... but not sure what too use that will look good.

I would like to see what the Autometer looks like and how well it fits ontop of the OEM pillar.

The Lotek pillar pod is cheaper than the Autometer but with the extra hazzle involved and the final result if the Autometer is a direct bolt in and the gauges fit properly in it (I've heard it's not deep enough for some brand gauges) then I would prefer the Autometer pillar pod over the Lotek one.

I can live with it and if one day I like to get rid of it I just pop my OEM pillar thing back again as I used a spare for the Lotek pillar project.

Anyone have any input as to the fit of the Autometer pod
I see that Jegs and Pace Performance sells the Autometer in three types

1. a two pod short version 10200
2. a two pod full pillar 12202
3. a three pod full pillar 12203

Any one using the above and can advise on the fit ?

I have the autometer 2 pod short version. It fits awesome and used two screws. I have a autometer 30/30 boost/vacuum gauge and Caspers knock sensor.

Back