Lou Czarnota Has Been Busy!

Underboost

Mr. Dull
TT SBC 400 cu.in. estimated H.P. 1600 + @ 30 # boost, Brodex 18 degree ported heads, 9-1 J & E gas ported pistons, Merlin block Hogan intake, 160 # injectors, Felpro eng. management, 76 BB turbos, 5000
stall convertor, Rossler 400 trans & brake, 4.11 mark williams 9" ford. this car has been an on going project since 1999 & has went through various owners & phases up to this point.
Hope you enjoy the pictures Lou ;)

TTV81.jpg

TTV82.jpg

TTV84.jpg

TTV86.jpg

TTV85.jpg

That is sick, it reminds me of Chow's car with a back half!
Updates anytime you like please!

That is sick, it reminds me of Chow's car with a back half!
Updates anytime you like please!
Thanks John! Some other features, ACD airshifter,billetfab pan,DZ vacumn pump,MSD crank trigger,Jessel belt drive,
electric water pump,Oiliver rods,crower crank, the 3.5 exaust system is still needs to be finished & it goes on the dyno to be tested next. Should be interesting.

Thanks John! Some other features, ACD airshifter,billetfab pan,DZ vacumn pump,MSD crank trigger,Jessel belt drive,
electric water pump,Oiliver rods,crower crank, the 3.5 exaust system is still needs to be finished & it goes on the dyno to be tested next. Should be interesting.

Lou I want to see the datalog of that dyno session.....:smile:

Lou why did you pick on-center turbine housings???
What are your plans/goals with the car?

Lou I want to see the datalog of that dyno session.....:smile:

Reg,

Chow's motor made 1833HP at 23-24* timing and 26-27psi. (15* Heads)
I would imagine that with the higher compression and a couple more cubes Lou would make similar power at around the same boost if all other things remain equal.

Reg,

Chow's motor made 1833HP at 23-24* timing and 26-27psi. (15* Heads)
I would imagine that with the higher compression and a couple more cubes Lou would make similar power at around the same boost if all other things remain equal.
If this car can perform as well as Chris remains to be seen. I don't have the benefit of Ken Duttwieler & an engine dyno. I'm doing this also for a customer & only have so much control over what happens. He has a business & family that comes first & wanted to do this as a fun project only & still is trying to get licenced. I myself enjoy designing & building projects like this & that's where I get my kicks. Campaigning any car like this requires not only money but a lot of tenacity & sacrifice that I think my friend Chris would agree.

If this car can perform as well as Chris remains to be seen. I don't have the benefit of Ken Duttwieler & an engine dyno. I'm doing this also for a customer & only have so much control over what happens. He has a business & family that comes first & wanted to do this as a fun project only & still is trying to get licenced. I myself enjoy designing & building projects like this & that's where I get my kicks. Campaigning any car like this requires not only money but a lot of tenacity & sacrifice that I think my friend Chris would agree.

No Doubt it takes a lot to run something of this magnitude.
I think Chris's car has been down since Oct 05....
He and Nancy are expecting their second child at the end of this month,
so I am not sure what his racing schedule will be like.

Nice, what was the old combination?
That was the 350 production motor that was originally installed back in 99, It was 030 over, 8-1 comp. 600 lift & 250 @ 050. AFR 210 heads, aluminum rods. with dozens of street & strip runs on them. It held up remarkably well till it cracked a center main cap. It's now getting refreshed with better parts & might wind up going to a single turbo street application in another chassis.

That was the 350 production motor that was originally installed back in 99, It was 030 over, 8-1 comp. 600 lift & 250 @ 050. AFR 210 heads, aluminum rods. with dozens of street & strip runs on them. It held up remarkably well till it cracked a center main cap. It's now getting refreshed with better parts & might wind up going to a single turbo street application in another chassis.

My chassis would be a good choice!

Lou why did you pick on-center turbine housings???
What are your plans/goals with the car?
The inter cooler & hardware was originally set up that way so I just stayed with that to try & avoid more work. Plus the on center housings are suppose to be more efficient.Plans are to go as fast as possible while still remaining above ground.

John! the motor has been rebuilt with new J&E pistons ,alumniumn rods, Crower crank,steel center main caps & should be a kick ass engine for a turbo application. If interested I will put you in touch with the owner & can send you some pictures. Lou