You can type here any text you want

Louisiana TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here's an update on the TTA I just got from Louisiana. It's a very nice car; straight body, nice paint,a/c blows cold, headlight motors work fine, hatch opens and closes itself, cloth interior very nice. The motor starts right up and holds good oil pressure. I've owned some fast cars over the years, but this is my first experience with turbos. It does'nt seem as quick as I expected. It may need a good tune-up by someone who knows these things; it may be the way I drive it. If I leave the trans in OD and take off, I get very little boost in first gear; about halfway through second , the guage gets to about 14 or 15 psi, and it really pulls good from there. Is that normal? Should I hold it longer in each gear? What rpm should I be shifting at? I believe this engine is totally stock. Thanks for the help; I've gotten an education from this site. Haven't figured out how to post photos yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Dont do anymore wide open throttle runs until you do a good spring cleaning, a new chip (www.turbotweak.com), and a scantool. Your engine could be retarding so much timing it feels slow.

Jason

Do the spring cleaning and make sure a fresh tune is in order and the thing will pull like a monster :biggrin: Might need a fuel pump and filter also, get a scanmaster :D

I hope that you don't mind me asking... In what part of Louisiana did you find this car?

The address on the title was Colfax; dealer is in Ball, La. I believe it's in the northern part of the state. Do you know this car? Carfax showed it had been in North Carolina and Ohio over the years.
Jim

Colfax and Ball are considered Central Louisiana. Don't worry. That is still far enough North to have not been affected by the hurricanes. I didn't know the owner, but I think that I have seen the car. Is this the car that was at "Select Motors" in Ball? If you don't mind, I would like to know how much you paid for it. You can PM or email the information to me if you don't want to put it on this forum. I also understand if you want to keep the price to yourself. :wink:

The car at Select Motors had 47K miles on it and was in really nice shape. I think that the (usual) spoiler cracks were the only physical flaws.

Be sure and look for header leak issues (crack?) if you aren't getting full boost until halfway through second.

Epitome said:
Be sure and look for header leak issues (crack?) if you aren't getting full boost until halfway through second.

TTAs don't crack as bad as GN's :cool:

Yeah I know, but full boost half way through 2nd on a stock set up? Something is going on.

This car easily passed NY emissions so my mechanic never tuned it. I'm going to change the plugs and wires(no, it doesn't have the 20th anniv. wires). I,m new to these turbos; what else should I be replacing. I'm going to order a chip today, as well. At this time I plan on getting one from Turbotweak unless someone convinces me otherwise.

160* t-stat. Full spring cleaning-all the fluids, plugs, wires...ect. Get a scanmaster. They are invaluable when trying to tune the car.

Jason

Epitome said:
Yeah I know, but full boost half way through 2nd on a stock set up? Something is going on.
Sorry to hijack this thread, Epitome please check your PM's and email. Thanks ;)

Back