Love the before black website...

B

bomber#41

I just bought a 1981 Buick Regal that I plan to enter in the bomber (stock car racing) class at my local asphalt track in March of 2003! Thanks for some Great pictures of the cars of the past (before the Grand Nationals). Thanks and keep up the great work.
and if anyone has any tips feel free to email me or post em here, I'll check back on a regular basis! thanks

I agree! The B4Black site is real treasure:D
Thanx Rich for all the hard work that you've obviously put into it!

Thanks guys! :)

I wish I could find more time to work on it. It's hard enough finding to answer the e-mails I get becuase of it.

Last time I watched a stock Regal race asphalt, I tought it was going to tip over in the corners (which was 75% of the track). Get some big sways bars! You should be able to find 32 mm front and 22 mm in the rear (you probably don't even have a rear bar) in the junk yard. Check Cutlasses, Grand Prixs and Monte Carlos.

thanks...

thanks for the tips on the sway bars! I pulled a 305 out of a 81 camaro this morning (rules require a 305 for chevys,buicks,oldsmobiles), And rolled the body out to the side so I can get the Regal body in the shop so I can pull the buick V-8 tonight!!!! Our rules require stock exhaust manifolds, stock cast iron 2V intake w/spec 4412 carb.,cast iron 3-speed manual trans,single track rearend,stock type shocks,stock sway bars (well :)), and we can run up to a .420 lift cam with stock lifters,and stock 305 heads. It even says we can't do a three angle valve job :) ,but thats ok I still have a whole sack of secrets I can run legally! I'll keep you guys posted!
thanks

Yes if it wasn't for his web site, I would have never found this forum or gn/ttype.org and I would be so deep in right field I wouldn't even be in the game.

project Bomber regal!

Well, we pulled the engine out of the regal Saturday night, it took only 28:48 min.s/seconds :)
Then we(Sean,Devin and I) pulled all the under hood items that we won't need (plastic wheel wells,horn,heater/heater box etc...)

Sunday night I pulled the carpet from the trunk and vaccuumed out the trunk area etc...(yea I know it was mothers day :))

Today (Monday 05-13-02) I removed the dash, the seats (man those seat bolts were tough) and then removed the carpet(seat belts),underlayment,trim around the windows etc. Then vaccuumed up the mess I made. Thats it for today. Hopefully I can get the guys to help pull the windsheild, and back glass and then it'll be ready for some serious cleaning..Then we'll order the cage!