You can type here any text you want

Low 9s with vacuum breaks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nat86

I'm just curious how many people are out there on this board that runs mid to low 9s with vacuum breaks. And do they drive it on the street? Reason why I'm asking is I still have my Power Master thinking about putting a different set up on .thinking about going manual,vac, I'm sure the new hydroboost is pretty nice just don't like how far it sticks out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

And I know the rule of thumb bigger camshafts less vacuum but I also know it doesn't take much vacuum to run vacuum brakes . I noticed Jack cottons runs vacuum Nick micale arizona performance runs manual they're both pretty clean looking under the hood

And I know the rule of thumb bigger camshafts less vacuum but I also know it doesn't take much vacuum to run vacuum brakes . I noticed Jack cottons runs vacuum Nick micale arizona performance runs manual they're both pretty clean looking under the hood

Jack ran vacuum brakes all the way down to 8.30's. He had a pretty choppy cam and no special modifications or vacuum reservoir. Just Bear front brakes. Sometimes, he didn't even pull the shoot.

When you slam the throttle closed at 7000 RPM, vacuum is replaced ridiculously instantly!

I did not know he ran that fast that's bad ass

I did not know he ran that fast that's bad ass

Well, not any more. The Pumpkin's been down for a few years. And if, or when it comes back to life it will probably be using a 109 block. Jack tells me he's been busy and needs to explore his options.

BTW, I use manual. I needed all the room I could get. Before that, I had a Powermaster. But I relocated the pump assembly to the wiper motor location.

Back