Low mileage my ass more is better

WARBIRD89

Faster and Faster untill
All I hear is people talking about how low of mileage they have, I would like to know who among us has the highest mileage, my Trans Am Turbo is pushing just under 150,000, she is an everyday driver rain, snow it does not matter, sometimes the t-tops may never even go back in when it rains, I just drive faster. The driver's seat is all but disappeared. I am very proud that I can have so much fun with a car like this, I keep the important things protected, but anything that is replaceable is in danger of being used to its full capacity. She will never see a junkyard, will continue to be driven until I die, or they catch me doing 165mph on the interstate.
I also have a perfect condition Festival car, the first time I drove it I was absolutely paranoid that something was going to happen to it. I was one of those people that would park a mile away, too much stress I had to stop driving her.

Well maybe it's time for those of us were pushing 100,000 should stand up and be proud, that with the reality that gasoline powered vehicles will probably disappear within our lifetime or at least be completely and financially unrealistic to drive, I say we should enjoy these cars, as long as there is one in a museum I would never worry. Before I picked up the Turbo, I had a 66 convertible Mustang that was my 10 year everyday driver, McDonald's french fries were permanently welded to the carpet, people were disgusted at the condition of the car, but the reality was the car was meant to be driven, and for almost 200,000 miles that's exactly what I did, the car is now perfectly restored, and sits in front of my house,

I think I would just like the hear about others and there long-term friends, Going and going and never gave up. The 74 pinto that drove 300 miles in a blizzard type stories.

I know there are other places on the site for such stories, but I always considered TTA persons to be the special exception, there are not many of us and we need to stick together.

Enjoy
Stephen

I got my T-top cloth car with 92k on the clock, and I already knew that it wasn't a pristine low-mileage vehicle from the first time I laid eyes on it. So, I drive it regularly without fear. I'd drive it less if my GTA still ran reliably, but until I get around to fixing the GTA, then the TTA is my daily driver forty miles round-trip.

If I ever manage to get my hands on another one (which I seriously doubt will ever happen) I may make the better of the two a garage queen, but something with a turbo is going to be driven, even if that means sticking a turbo on an L98...!

I also keep all my tools and other crap in the car, including the GM-approved hood hold-up tool (broom handle), fluids, dirty clothes and other stuff. Driver's bolsters are pristine, being a cloth car, amazingly...

Oops... I forgot to mention I'm at 104k right now... needs a bath again (curse this Hawaiian red clay dust!)

you abuse a car that only 1555 were made? thats nothing to be proud of. keep on that track, and theres going to be only 10 left. not good. theyre collectors cars, and should be treated accordingly.

there CARs !!!! they are NOT human !!!! :rolleyes: drive the hell out of them and ENJOY it !!! Isn't that why ya have the car ??? I bought one brandy new ... hit the track 3 days later with 300 miles on it :eek: I have had lots of cars since the late 60's ... big block everything !!! MOST FUN ???? TTA hands down .. :p

I have 136K on mine but do let it sit in the winter though. I'm also a believer in driving them and not worrying about the mileage. I sold my 87T to buy the TTA and it had over 350K on it. The new owner did a few mods on it and pulled a 12.2sec. at the track with it.

4 wheel drive never

I just cant stop my self, I must Drive

Attachments

• snow tta2.JPG
    snow tta2.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 367
buddiiee said:
you abuse a car that only 1555 were made? thats nothing to be proud of. keep on that track, and theres going to be only 10 left. not good. theyre collectors cars, and should be treated accordingly.

Shhhhhhhhh! He is only driving the value of mine up more by driving that car! Drive it like you stole it Warbird!! :biggrin: I would drive my TTA more I think.. But there is more room in the GN for a big bastard like me and it's faster. The GN has 92K on it so I don't mind the miles and I like to drive it. I have to like to drive the car for me to use it. I like the look of the TTA but realy don't look forward to rolling in and out of it! For some reason I admire the TTA just sitting there in the garage.. then when I think about driving it my neck and back starts to hurt!! lol :biggrin: So off to the investment barn with it! :cool:

170??? K

Whats up man,i've got over 170,000 on my tta.I bought it in 94 w/18,000 on her,have had other trans ams, and corvettes since then but this tta is by far the quickest and most desired.I just got a new tranny from santa,so you guys will see me out on the streets of Baltimore soon enough.I replaced the interior a few years back w/white 94 trans am seats, before anyone was offering re skins.Despite the high miles ,it still pulls very,very hard.Good luck with yours.

Grumpy said:
there CARs !!!! they are NOT human !!!! :rolleyes: drive the hell out of them and ENJOY it !!! Isn't that why ya have the car ??? I bought one brandy new ... hit the track 3 days later with 300 miles on it :eek: I have had lots of cars since the late 60's ... big block everything !!! MOST FUN ???? TTA hands down .. :p

Amen, been racin' the $hit out of mine since 89'. Speedo saw 100+mph before there was 20 miles on the odometer. :biggrin: So much for the break in period.

for sale 1989 TTA with only 1,200 miles ...still smells brand new...$34,500

email me....

:) :) :) :) :)
just kidding.....whatever turns you guys on...no problem....

:D :D :D :D

There is only one true comment to this post...

"That's why Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors!" :biggrin:

Grumpy said:
there CARs !!!! they are NOT human !!!! :rolleyes: drive the hell out of them and ENJOY it !!!

My TTA talks 2 me...it like being in the garage....thats what she tells me...

smoke some grapes with me at my garage... :D :D

i just like to hoard cars. i love the lc2 powerplant, its super rare, and really fun to mess with. i havent had this much fun messin with a car in my whole life. i just dont like to see these cars abused. i love em. ;)

ageing badboys

Hear,hear warbird!
103K on my car,plan on being the last of four owners. Car still looks and drives great, and I'm very happy to be custodian of one of the 1000 or so still around! Mileage be damned, full speed ahead!

128,000 on mine. I would like to have a low mileage car but I would be scared to death to drive it or modify it. I can do whatever I want to mine and not really worry about it, because it wasnt in pristine shape when I got so whatever I do now only improves it.

Paint and body on mine, prolly 8.5 out of 10, damn rear spoiler lol

Int, clean with normal high mileage stuff, U know like newspaper dipped in cowfat leather seat bolsters :) and the wheel is worn.

Mileage, 97k or so when i got it. Racked up mileage, had some issues, totally went thru engine and mileage is at 103k or so.

Now I need to make the trans not flair on 2-3 shift lol, was fine till them damned ported heads and pt-67 and stuff hmmmmm?

I eat in it, smoke in it, wash it wax it baby it, and pound the living crap out of it all at the same time.

lol

Prolly like $20k+(has to be more im too scared to even attempt an accurate count including car) sitting there, damn straight I'm gonna enjoy it.

later
Jeremy