Low Port Vs High Port Headers

WE2Regal

I have a couple sets of NA headers with flanges designed for low port heads. It looks to me like they would work fine on high port heads (but not vice versa). Anyone using a low port header on high port heads or know of reason not to? The header port at the flange is larger than the cylinder head exhaust port but has plenty of room to seal.

Seems like they would seal if the flanges line up with the ports, but there may be a difference in the height of the ports which could cause them to hang at a different height. My old odd fire headers had an odd shaped flange that matched the port and the gaskets were different than the high port heads.

The high port heads have a square exhaust port. The low port header flanges are more oval shaped and extend below the cylinder head exhaust port. I tried laying a high port and a low port exhaust gasket over the cylinder head exhaust port. The top of the gaskets line up the same with each, as do the sides of the gasket. The oval shaped low port header pipe extends below the bottom of the square cylinder head port exit, but appears to still seal against the head using a high port gasket. Probably would have helped if I posted some pictures.

Sounds like they would seal as long as they are oval shaped and they don't have the notch on the side like the port has.

That's what I was thinking. I have seen some that have that "dog leg" shape, but these don't.