You can type here any text you want

lower end knock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackazz

Not a Gn
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Ok guys need some input.I was out an about in my GN an was boosting thru a yellow light,got to about 8#'s of boost an then it started knock knock knock.Its down in the lower end don't do it at idle but give it gas an yup knock.....So my question is how bad would it be to fix this?

2nd place is 1st place loser!

Rod knock most likely. Try figuring out which cylinder is knocking by pulling 1 wire off the plugs at a time. If the knock goes away you have an answer. Sorry.:(

Maybe you will get lucky and find a cracked flexplate instead. Good luck

Bryan

Thanks guys,I can only hope its a cracked fly wheel.Ill try the spark plug trick see witch one it is.Didn't see the oil press zero out when it happen an its about time have over 100k on the clock.

2nd place is 1st place loser!

Rod knock most likely. Try figuring out which cylinder is knocking by pulling 1 wire off the plugs at a time. If the knock goes away you have an answer. Sorry.:(

That's how I found my rod knock at 2200 rpm. Lower & higher RPM was fine. The rod bearing was slightly pancaked. It wasn't real obvious to look at but when measured it was the culprit. We unplugged injectors but either way will do.

Back