You can type here any text you want

Lowering springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
Looken to lower my car about an (1) inch lower then stock. Any suggestions?

Looken to lower my car about an (1) inch lower then stock. Any suggestions?

An inch isn't very much.

You can get more than that by swapping in '86 springs.

You also can get that much by cutting 1/2 a coil (maybe a little more) from the springs you have.

Tall Howe lower ball joints will get you close to an inch, also, and improve handing.

If you Lower the car using either of these methods, I recommend the ZQ8 bumpstops to soften bottoming, since the stock springs are on the weak side.

I used the eibach pro kit which lowers the car 1" up front and .8" rear car is still very comfortable and the dangerous bouncing around at high speed has stopped. I love them. In my opinion I would like to be a little lower still. But the ride is great. Feels great over bumps, handle great.

I used the eibach pro kit which lowers the car 1" up front and .8" rear car is still very comfortable and the dangerous bouncing around at high speed has stopped. I love them. In my opinion I would like to be a little lower still. But the ride is great. Feels great over bumps, handle great.

+1 on eibachs

An inch isn't very much.

You can get more than that by swapping in '86 springs.

You also can get that much by cutting 1/2 a coil (maybe a little more) from the springs you have.

Tall Howe lower ball joints will get you close to an inch, also, and improve handing.

If you Lower the car using either of these methods, I recommend the ZQ8 bumpstops to soften bottoming, since the stock springs are on the weak side.

I had Hotchkis springs on my old T. Dropped it about 1"
Are you saying that the spring rate on the 86 are weaker than the 87's? Or are the springs on the 86 shorter than the 87's?

Thanks

Brett, if its just an inch, I'd do a little cutting. The problem with going out and buy "lowering" springs is that your old ones may already be lower. Hate to see you waste your money for an inch!

i got eibachs in the front of my daughters t and hotchkis in the rear.Fronts about 11/4 rear about 11/2.It sits pretty level and rides real nice with vary little body roll.But i have cut stock springcoils to acheive it rides real nice to.

Brett, if its just an inch, I'd do a little cutting. The problem with going out and buy "lowering" springs is that your old ones may already be lower. Hate to see you waste your money for an inch!
Got cargo springs in there now. Im tryen not to cut anything cause my last car had cut springs and for some reason it handled like chit? 1-2 inches would be fine. Any ideas? Thanx

I had Hotchkis springs on my old T. Dropped it about 1"
Are you saying that the spring rate on the 86 are weaker than the 87's? Or are the springs on the 86 shorter than the 87's?

Thanks

I don't know what the physical difference is in the springs. It would be interesting to see what the difference is, but there has to be a difference.

Back