You can type here any text you want

LS1 Gets toasted

• Thread starter Thread starter Vfaso129
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
V

Vfaso129

I was christmas shopping with my fiance when a 2000 Ram Air Trans Am pulls next to me and starts reving.I look at the driver and a pimply faced kid no older then 19 smiles at me and says "I heard those cars were fast". I tell him they were, they are and always will be. The little smart ass says we'll see about that and keeps reving the motor as he rolls up the window. My fiance tells me I better not, so I tell her I have no choice I can't let a little punk insult the Grand National name. I rev up to 5lbs of boost,Which was no problem since I had my nitto cheater slicks on, the light turned green and i left him by 2 out of the hole. The next light turned red before we could really get going so we had to stop. He gets to the next light and starts crying that he spun his tires, i tell him he can try again if he wants to embarressed. He starts reving again this time I get him by about 3 lenghts off the line and pull about 3 more lenghts on him up til 80mph when we had to pull off for traffic. He gets next to me again and says that was the first street race he ever lost, I told him thats because it was the first GN he ever raced and rolled up my window so he couldn't hear my girl screaming at me, but it was well worth it.:D

Originally posted by Vfaso129
I was christmas shopping with my fiance when a 2000 Ram Air Trans Am pulls next to me and starts reving.I look at the driver and a pimply faced kid no older then 19 smiles at me and says "I heard those cars were fast". I tell him they were, they are and always will be. The little smart ass says we'll see about that and keeps reving the motor as he rolls up the window. My fiance tells me I better not, so I tell her I have no choice I can't let a little punk insult the Grand National name. I rev up to 5lbs of boost,Which was no problem since I had my nitto cheater slicks on, the light turned green and i left him by 2 out of the hole. The next light turned red before we could really get going so we had to stop. He gets to the next light and starts crying that he spun his tires, i tell him he can try again if he wants to embarressed. He starts reving again this time I get him by about 3 lenghts off the line and pull about 3 more lenghts on him up til 80mph when we had to pull off for traffic. He gets next to me again and says that was the first street race he ever lost, I told him thats because it was the first GN he ever raced and rolled up my window so he couldn't hear my girl screaming at me, but it was well worth it.:D
Your Da Man:D :D :D

Good kill man, gotta work on the g/f though, mine CHEERS me on when im racing.:cool: Think its an extra 10 hsp for sure.;)

Shoebox

lol...all kids that age think their car is unstoppable until they get a reality check like you just gave him (wait a minute...i am 19!!!) sure i have one of the baddest cars of all time but i KNOW it's not the fastest thing on the planet...i just like the fact that i am not like everyone else that drives camaros and mustangs...

I am lucky, my wife likes it when I race, except she thinks that a stick shift is faster than an auto. :confused: Oh well I'm half way there and she's cute so screw it.

PS Good kill!

Good kill

It's always nice to put a cocky person in their place and the kid u raced obviously found out his place was looking at your tailights!!!:D

Your car?

So... tell us about your car, it's mods, times, etc? Toasting an LS1 is no easy feat - good kill.

Good kill!

My brother has a '99 Z28, my dad a '99 Camaro SS - both LS1s. They're quick, but like I always tell them they're not "GN quick". Off the line, it's easy to jump ahead but they run strong. You can't screw up a launch and if you're already moving they can give you a run for your money. My brother's ran a 13.3 @ 105 off the showroom floor.

Jim

"I heard those cars were fast"

He must really know GM cars ;) ....kids these days:rolleyes:

Sweet kill....

Reminds me of me when I was in my teens and these GN's first came out. I had a '65 stang and I pulled up next to this lady in a pink 86-87 Grand National.:(

Was the first and the last time I wanted to do that 'cus I just got spanked by a pink family sedan. Ever scince then I knew I had to have one just not pink.

Car mods

Some guys asked what mods I have made...Heres a list TA49 Turbo,3" TH Down Pipe, TestPipe with Dump tube, 009 Injectors, Adjustable fuel pressure regulator and wastegate, Hi-Perf Red Armstrong Fuel pump and Hot Wire Kit with 10 gauge wires, Kenne Bell Ram Air with K+N filter, Art Carr Tranny with hardened input shaft and some suspension mods for traction.Best Time 11.87 at 117 with nitto cheater slicks and dump tube open:D :D

Your story implies that you were only running 5lbs of boost. Forgive me if i'm mistaken.:) I'm not that familiar with the inner workings of a GN motor. If so i'm going to have to raise a monster size BS flag.

Now if you were merely staging at 5psi then i'm still gonna have to question the validity of your story. That either was a really short race or the LS1 driver shutdown after spinning. I seriously doubt that with the mods that you have and your 1/4 time that you would walk a LS1 by 3 cars. I don't doubt that you beat the LS1. I doubt that someone could be that incompitent of a driver to allow themselves to be walked by that large of a margin. I'm calling BS on the length of cars not the kill.:p

How long did ya get an earful??:)

How long did your G/F give you an earful???:)
Nice KIlLL!!!!

Nice kill. LS1's are not a cake walk but with your mods....

87Octane:
I'm not that familiar with the inner workings of a GN motor. If so i'm going to have to raise a monster size BS flag.

Ignorance is bliss. ;)

Originally posted by 87Octane
Your story implies that you were only running 5lbs of boost. Forgive me if i'm mistaken.:) I'm not that familiar with the inner workings of a GN motor. If so i'm going to have to raise a monster size BS flag.

Now if you were merely staging at 5psi then i'm still gonna have to question the validity of your story. That either was a really short race or the LS1 driver shutdown after spinning. I seriously doubt that with the mods that you have and your 1/4 time that you would walk a LS1 by 3 cars. I don't doubt that you beat the LS1. I doubt that someone could be that incompitent of a driver to allow themselves to be walked by that large of a margin. I'm calling BS on the length of cars not the kill.:p
Well the usuall GN motor with 5psi is Putting out about 330 hp and 410tq.which is more then the LS1 ,in fact more than the ZO6 :D :D
The ZO6 is a Vette ,bye the way!!:cool: ;)

The LS1s are not unbeatable, Its a very quick FACTORY car but with a few mods to a GN you can walk it quite easily. Trust me, I drive one everyday. Its not the end all be all!

There is a large group a fairly fast ls1's and lt1's in my area, but despite what many of these guys like to admit these cars a not very dependable if modded heavly or sprayed. They will argue this tooth and nail, but who likes to admit the break all the time anyway.:D I have ran a few fast ones that were modded heavly, and had some close action with them, however a stock one is like racing a stock rustang, a joke.

As for 87octane, im going to raise a life size BS flag on whatever you say, period. Go learn what ur talking about and then come back a talk.:rolleyes:

Shoebox

Back