You can type here any text you want

LS1 Gets toasted

• Thread starter Thread starter Vfaso129
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
To 87 Octane

First of all my story implies that I left off of the line at 5lbs of boost. My car is set at 19lbs of boost, which I can adjust up to 23 without too much strain on my motor, so when you learn how to read and understand a paragraph then you can reply with your comments. And by the way what tyoe of car do you drive that makes you such an expert. All my mods were done by Turbo People in Hasting N.Y and I have time slips to verify. I don't know what if any mods were done to the LS1 but I do know I have the power and traction to destroy stock to slightly modified ones!!!!!!:cool:

Originally posted by 87Octane
Your story implies that you were only running 5lbs of boost. Forgive me if i'm mistaken.:) I'm not that familiar with the inner workings of a GN motor. If so i'm going to have to raise a monster size BS flag.

Now if you were merely staging at 5psi then i'm still gonna have to question the validity of your story. That either was a really short race or the LS1 driver shutdown after spinning. I seriously doubt that with the mods that you have and your 1/4 time that you would walk a LS1 by 3 cars. I don't doubt that you beat the LS1. I doubt that someone could be that incompitent of a driver to allow themselves to be walked by that large of a margin. I'm calling BS on the length of cars not the kill.:p

DUDE just STFU and get off this board...you are a complete waste of line space and you have NO clue about TR's:mad:

87Octane full of ****

Originally posted by 87Octane
Your story implies that you were only running 5lbs of boost. Forgive me if i'm mistaken.:) I'm not that familiar with the inner workings of a GN motor. If so i'm going to have to raise a monster size BS flag.

Now if you were merely staging at 5psi then i'm still gonna have to question the validity of your story. That either was a really short race or the LS1 driver shutdown after spinning. I seriously doubt that with the mods that you have and your 1/4 time that you would walk a LS1 by 3 cars. I don't doubt that you beat the LS1. I doubt that someone could be that incompitent of a driver to allow themselves to be walked by that large of a margin. I'm calling BS on the length of cars not the kill.:p

It seems to me it should have been maybe 5-6 car links. I've raced these LS1's and there dogs off the line, I run almost the same ET and mph as Vfaso129, and I've done the same to LS1's. My friend has a 01 Ram Air Trans Am and I've beaten him by 5 car lenths in the 1/8 mile! There's nothing like a GN out of the hole. Oh and one more thing my launches were from 3-5lbs!!!! :D

more criticism for 87octane

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

to be exact, 87octane claims 12.84 (what's the mph?) by stopwatch and "measured" 1/4 mile with a factory stock "freak" LOL:rolleyes:

S2000 antenna, polished valve cover, Kenwood headunit, 5%tint, blacklight interior light, Blue neon valve stem lights, Type R floormats, Zenon lights, Redline 10w-30w, Blue aloha print seat covers.1/4 E/T JEEBERS! I'm Fast! [/B]

DId someone mess with this Celica guys profile, Or is he really that much of an ass that he thinks these are worth listing as Mods. Type R-floormats indeed!

Maybe if he strolled into the Buick dealer and got some T-type floor mats he really could run 12's.;)

Hmmmm

I think I have garden variety floor mats in both of my cars! Maybe that's why my cars are so slow. Anyone have REAL buick floor mats that they can hook me up with? (whatever):rolleyes:

About the only mod that was listed that might help would be the oil, and I stress might:rolleyes:

which post would that have come from? I thought he had a Celica of some kind?:confused:

I picked up a couple of tenths when I put my floor mats in. Since my car is a recovered theft, it didn't have any floor mats and that really slowed me down.

Then I bought a set of mats with the turbo 6 design on them. Man what a difference. It may have been because the set came with REAR mats too, though.

Jim

Wait a second.....

Are you trying to tell me that all those big stickers and fart cans don't add up to an additional .5 sec in the 1/4??

If they don't somebody needs to let all those ricers in on this grat discovery because they obviously have been misinformed.

I know for a fact that my boost gauge alone added 10hp. Anybody else see this kind of gain? Its a bolt on right!?

lol

merry christmas...:)

Good Kill

Nice job on the kill, man, LS1 cars are no joke. I buddy of mine has a '99 T/A (non-Ram-Air) with the only mods being 4.10's, Dynomax Cat-Back, MTI lid, and he ran a 12.83 @ 106. Then he put the LS1 HOT cam in it, an off-road pipe (no cats), LCA's and MT ET Streets and ran 12.34 @ 113. :eek:

But he is an awesome driver....which can make all the difference in the world. Just ask Evan Smith. :D

Again, awesome kill.

Merry Christmas to all, and wishes for all for many new kills in the New Year! :)

Steve

Good kill V, its all about traction;) As far as Mr Octane, you guys have to understand, I don't think anyone in the right frame of mind would proclaim the ignorance he is trying to demonstrate. Therefore I can only conclude that he is in fact someone who is blantantly working you all to gain a response. If you chose to reply to his remarks your only satisfiying his efforts to liven the BB up with negativity.

Thanks and have a Happy Holiday

Geoff

Originally posted by Rollin
Good kill V, its all about traction;) As far as Mr Octane, you guys have to understand, I don't think anyone in the right frame of mind would proclaim the ignorance he is trying to demonstrate. Therefore I can only conclude that he is in fact someone who is blantantly working you all to gain a response. If you chose to reply to his remarks your only satisfiying his efforts to liven the BB up with negativity.

Thanks and have a Happy Holiday

Geoff

Have to agree Geoff on this one, the guy can not be serious or he really has some issues. Think he has issues, regardless.:rolleyes:

shoebox

Nice Kill

Nice kill against the LS1. They are quick cars, stock or modded.

But I have to say, whoever said that they aren’t quick off the line doesn’t know much about LS1s. My best stock internal na 60ft was 1.69 on 275/40/17 drag radials with only a stall converter and some minor bolt-ons (stock gears even). I’d call that pretty quick. Some guys in my area with even more aggressive converters are getting sixties in the low 1.6s and even high 1.5s on slicks with no internal mods, and no N2O (also stock gears). The 6-speeds might not be quick off the line stock, but watch out for the autos ;)

tire question

What are nitto cheater slicks? Are they a true slick or will they pass DOT as a street drag tire? I am considering some new tires and am gathering as much info as possible.

Nice kill by the way :-)

Re: tire question

Originally posted by Renthorin
What are nitto cheater slicks? Are they a true slick or will they pass DOT as a street drag tire? I am considering some new tires and am gathering as much info as possible.

Nice kill by the way :-)

They're the Nitto Extreme 555Rs. DOT legal, and very sticky. As with all DOT "slicks" they're not recommended for inclement weather. Do a search in the archives - you'll find that their effectiveness versus the BFG Drag T/As (also DOT approved and very sticky) is hotly debated. I've seen people claim 60' times in the 1.6x range with both brands, though.

Jim

Reply to Renthorin

Nitto Cheater slicks pass DMV standards I get great traction with them and not bad in rain, only bad thing is that they can wear quickly if you start doing alot of burnouts, But I would recomend them to most street racers

Back