You can type here any text you want

LS1 Gets toasted

• Thread starter Thread starter Vfaso129
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Are u suppoesed to heat the Nittos up? I was told not to do burnouts when I got mine put on, but much like some others have mentioned the Nittos are probably the best DRs (cheater slicks) for street use cause they're not too bad in the rain, and perform pretty well at the track... The BFG DRs are better than the Nittos at the track IMO, but they won't last as long... Another DOT approved tire is the Mickey Thompson ET streets (by far the best at the track as I've seen guys get 1.4 60ft times with them), however, they suck in the rain and won't even last as long as the BFG DRs so IMHO the Nittos are the best for street/strip use!!!:cool:

I have the Nitto 555DR on my car and yes, heat them up. Drop the tire pressure too.

Re: Nice Kill

Originally posted by RPM WS6
Nice kill against the LS1. They are quick cars, stock or modded.

But I have to say, whoever said that they aren’t quick off the line doesn’t know much about LS1s. My best stock internal na 60ft was 1.69 on 275/40/17 drag radials with only a stall converter and some minor bolt-ons (stock gears even).

I think that was me. I didn't come out and say they weren't quick off the line. I said it was easy to jump ahead - I was referring to my own experiences. Didn't make that clear. Plus, any TC above stock on those cars makes a HUGE difference - even if it is a mild converter.

Like I said, my dad and brother both have LS1 Camaros (both 6-speeds, though) - they live a 1/2 mile away from me. I drive my brother's tweaked Z28 all the time - it just doesn't feel as quick as the GN off the line or otherwise. I've beaten him from a stop and from a roll on the highway (though that was closer than I'd like). He has some free mods, lid, and some SLP parts. My dad's SS seems quicker, but it's louder so I think it's psychological. They're deceiving becase like the GNs, the torque delivery is very smooth and constant - you don't realize how much power they have until you're running against someone or you try to launch it hard from a light (though the 315s my brother has on the back of his help a lot).

Jim

Back