LS1 mass air for GN's?

Eric Stauch

Nasty87
I've heard some of you talking about putting a LS1 mass air sensor on the GN's. I have been told that after a turbo swap mainly a bigger one that you should upgrade the mass air that the old one only reads or meters so much. how does this work? does the LS1 sensor plug right up or do you have to splice it in? and will the stock computer work fine with it or do you have to calibrate it or anything?

I've heard some of you talking about putting a LS1 mass air sensor on the GN's. I have been told that after a turbo swap mainly a bigger one that you should upgrade the mass air that the old one only reads or meters so much. how does this work? does the LS1 sensor plug right up or do you have to splice it in? and will the stock computer work fine with it or do you have to calibrate it or anything?

i have one and you need a translator box for it to run and yes these are plug and play. it allows you to tailor your fuel to get a better idle and smoother throttle response. they are nice to have a are cheaper 65 bucks to get if yours craps out compared to a stock one for a few hundred dollars. the translator is on my cruise control. as for higher readings you need an extender chip for that wich cuts the a/f readings in 1/2 to get the higher readings after 255 grams
P1000089.jpg

The car I have had the LS-1 and Translator on it when I got it. I added alcohol injection and the controller for the alky and the translator had a lot of interference. Had to hotwire the translator to stop the interference. I've since switched back to the stock MAF. Seems to run better that way, but it may just be in my head.

Ls1 Maf

I work at a dealership and I have 2 good LS1 MAF's if you need one 35.00 shipped Lemme know Jason

The car I have had the LS-1 and Translator on it when I got it.

I added alcohol injection and the controller

for the alky and the translator had a lot of interference.

Had to hotwire the translator to stop the interference.

I've since switched back to the stock MAF.

Seems to run better that way

Wow. What a hassle. No cure for this, except remove it?

Some guys experience the interference when the alky pump kicks on, some don't. I haven't so far.

What exactly is the interferance?

I just installed an alky system and have not began to use it due to waiting on a gen2 translator, that I gave up on, and now have a standard translator to install. I am going to install it today with a new impalla LT1 MAF.

What do you do to "hotwire" the translator? to cure the interferance problem.

Thanks, just wanting to know in advance...

Mike

Does that interference occur with the regular translators to, or it only happens with the translator plus models?