Options for air filter/ vapor canister relocation

erikelvis

I got the new radio installed and started piecing the intake back together. Well I cracked the stock mass air. I have a whole set up with a ls1 mass air but not sure what to do as what I have is just not going to fit. I could try to find a stubby filter and pray or try to relocate the vapor canister. Looking into it atr used to have kits available for that but nothing appears to be available now. What are my options?

Attachments

• IMG_2189.jpeg
    IMG_2189.jpeg
    431.5 KB · Views: 84
Lots of threads on that subject. Too bad the following thread is missing the photos but if you hunt around I'm sure you can find the spot he relocated it to without using a kit. Charcoal canister relocation

A previous owner removed mine so getting rid of it altogether is another option. There are many threads about issues with gas fumes after removing it but I had zero fumes in my case. I just capped the steel line that runs on top of the frame and turns up near the canister, to keep crap from getting in there.

You can either relocate it to under the front fender(marker light location).

Or you can put a filter at the end of the hose as it’s just a vent line.

I cut the recess out of the fender liner where it sits. Then I made a couple of right angle tabs for it and secured them to the cannister with a large clamp (plumbing clamp, I think you need 2 of the large ones). I drilled two holes and bolted it under the liner so the vac lines and connections to it are almost flush on the engine bay side. It works good.

Just mocking up the translator and ls1 maf. I guess I need an adapter between the 2. Looking around not quite sure which one I need. Anyone know? Thanks!

No adapter needed. I used a 3.5”(MAF side) to 3”(pipe side) boot I got from RJC.

Get the correct size boot for what ya need & a good set of clamps.

No adapter needed. I used a 3.5”(MAF side) to 3”(pipe side) boot I got from RJC.

Get the correct size boot for what ya need & a good set of clamps.
Hmmm… Definitely doesn’t fit. I have one of the plastic MAF’s. Maybe a different connector? I see them in packages on some sites but can’t find just the adapter. His is from gn1 performance

Edit: sorry should have been more clear. Looks like I need an adapter between the translator to the ls1 maf.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 54
Do you have a 3” boot? You’ll need the correct size for the MAF. I have a 3.5” MAF.

You need the correct boots for your set up. Not sure what size the stock MAF is.

Do you have a 3” boot? You’ll need the correct size for the MAF. I have a 3.5” MAF.

You need the correct boots for your set up. Not sure what size the stock MAF is.
Yeah tubings ok. All the correct sizes. But translator does not plug into the maf.

Appears I need this circled.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 42
Oh I see. Can’t help ya there. Mine was plug & play. Translator plugged right into MAF. No adapter needed.

Have you tried TurboTweak?

Oh I see. Can’t help ya there. Mine was plug & play. Translator plugged right into MAF. No adapter needed.
I guess I can contact one of the vendors and see if they’ll just sell me the adapter. Weird I can’t find it on it’s own.

Seems you may possibly have a Z06 MAF.

Seems you may possibly have a Z06 MAF.
Found the adapter! Somehow mixed in another box of crap for the car I have. This is what happens when you gather parts over years and let them sit….

Looking for some 8/32 vacuum line to the charcoal canster solenoid. Found a couple sources that says that’s what it is. Anyway can’t find it anywhere. Am I just looking for the wrong size?

What the hell is 8/32?! Is that even Merican?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You may be looking for 5/32. Should be available anywhere.

Ok just getting around to installing this atr relocation kit. I thought I was told somewhere to not mount the canister on its side but it seems to me that’s how it has to go?? Is there a certain way that’s better?

Thanks!
IMG_2222.jpeg

Something like this?

Last edited: