You can type here any text you want

LS1 rear disc brakes and larger Brake Booster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chris McDade

I wanted to give everyone a upgrade on some brake issues i've been fighting for a while now. I had stock rear drum with vacum brakes. Car would not hold boost or stop very well. Brake peddle would bottom out easy. I decided to upgrade to the rear LS1 disc. I bought the brakes from a board member that never installed them. I had to make some brackets for the ebrake but, other than that everything was there. Took about a month to install them taking my time. Drove the car and the stopped better but, not like a expected. I did some research on the larger brake booster and decided to give it a try. I ended up buying the one from a later 80's chevy caprice. I got it installed and went on a test drive. This thing made a big difference. I can lock up the rear brakes now, I have more brake peddle travel, and I can hold more boost on the line. If anyone has thought about making this change you should do it. I will try to post some picks of the brakes and booster later today or tomorrow.

Hope this information will help someone.

Thanks
Chris McDade

"Car would not hold boost or stop very well. Brake peddle would bottom out easy." I have had this problem since i went with the buick vac setup. pm me what year , parts, details, ill def sell my booster for that one. what master did you keep?

Rear disc are from a 2000 Chevy Camaro. Brake booster is from a 89 Caprice. I reused the master cylinder I had. I gave the parts store my old booster for the core credit.

Hope this helps.

Back