LT-1 Starter ??

turbomark

I hear that the starter from an LT-1 Camaro will fit the 3.8L block. What years do I need to look for, and what engine/chassis codes do I need if I go to NAPA for one??

TIA

Mark Stewart
'84 GN, 4.1L project

You can go to www.turbobuicks.com and on the left side of the screen there is a link to buy the mini-starter (LT1) with the correct bolts and free shipping for $125 bucks.

not badd. i wont one on ebay for 90$ and im still waiting to get the thing. How much better are these starters anyway? :)

The ones on turbobuicks.com are new and come with a 1 year warranty. Not bad for $125 including shipping and you save 10lbs! That is around 1 free hp... and better handling to boot! Well maybe.

GNX7

Thanks for the TurboBuicks.com url............just ordered myself a starter. Couldn't beat the $125.......even "Discount Auto Parts" wanted $165, plus a core.

Thanks again!

I just did this swap last nite, and it works great. It even sounds cool. And since I am an insider I got an ACDelco for less then turbobuicks is selling there japcrap.

zak

Even the GM starters are made in Japan or Hong Kong. My LT4 Corvette Starter is a nippondenso.

yeah, I was waiting on him to answer before educating him... LOL

That is the reason they work so well, I suspect.

My Napa brand stock replacement starter works just fine.......btw, thanks Zak :)