LT1 springs???

dees75z

Well was wanting to swap the valve springs, and found that most of you guys for a cheap alternative use LT1 springs. Where are you guys getting these from? Went to local parts stores and apparently they can't get them. Can I find new LT1 valve springs??(without going to the dealer)

i ve got a brand new unused set of gn-1 100 lb springs better than the lt1s-$60. shipped.

Well was wanting to swap the valve springs, and found that most of you guys for a cheap alternative use LT1 springs. Where are you guys getting these from? Went to local parts stores and apparently they can't get them. Can I find new LT1 valve springs??(without going to the dealer)

CompCams part#980-12, from Summitt or Jegs, or one of the vendors.

K.

does anyone make an off the shelf "beehive" spring for the Buick motors?
they make them for small blocks, and since an LT1 is a small block, it follows that a set of small block beehive springs will work, but only if someone makes a retainer for it..

CompCams part#980-12, from Summitt or Jegs, or one of the vendors.

K.

2nd that. Essentially a "stock" replacement valvespring. Picked up 2/10ths in the 1/4 mile with just those in my WH1...:eek: :biggrin:

They are like $45 plus S&H from Summit/Jegs etc...

Does anyone have any experience with the kirban spring set. They got a decent deal on the tool and the spring set for 68 bucks. The tool costs 40 bucks alone and the springs cost 60. Only makes sense to get the kit.

Does anyone have any experience with the kirban spring set. They got a decent deal on the tool and the spring set for 68 bucks. The tool costs 40 bucks alone and the springs cost 60. Only makes sense to get the kit.

I,ve had Kirbans 100 lb. springs on my car for years now with no problems at all.

By "stock" you mean for a LT1, right??

No, they are the closest thing you can get to a factory replacement spring. But they are better. They have almost the same spring pressure as the originals do. I never had a problem with them on my WH1, and I intend to put them in my GN here soon, after I get done with the timing chain and everything else.

I bet you could score some cheap LT1 springs over on camaroz28.com. Or I could hook you up with some cheap LT4 springs :D

I got the part # for some sealed power 100lb springs of another member here. I bought them from summit for 2.41 ea. I had other things to get at the time, because summit hits you with the handling fee, but if that was all I needed I would have gone to Oreilly's. They had them for like 2.76 ea. I have a new stock set never installed if your interested. I'd let them go for 25.00 shipped. I personally think you would be better off with the lt1's.

I got beehive springs from Champion Racing....the guys that make CI and Aluminum heads for our TR's.
Conrad