You can type here any text you want

lug conversion kits???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brady

In my search for a sweet wheel I have been told that if i get a lug conversion kit it opens up a huge world of options. Whats the down side to this? I've never heard of it before.

Do you want to change the bolt pattern? Many wheels come in different bolt patterns but since 5/4.75 is a common GM pattern there are many wheels to choose from. The offset is the most important part of the wheel to get to fit right.

In my search for a sweet wheel I have been told that if i get a lug conversion kit it opens up a huge world of options. Whats the down side to this? I've never heard of it before.

Sometimes, it happens that you see a wheel you like but it's not made for your car. That's when wheel adapters come in. They bolt to your car's original wheel studs and have another set of studs with another bolt pattern enabling you to bolt the desired wheels to these new studs. There's no real downside to them other than they make the wheels stick out of the car a little more, but they're available (the adapters) in different thicknesses...See the link below...
Wheel Adapters Spacers

Hope this helps...

Claude. :smile:

Get the right adapter and have NO problem.

I run adapters that convert the 5x4.75 pattern to a 5x4.50 pattern. What this does is allows me to run wheels that are more readily available and with the additional thickness added by the adapter (which are available in different thicknesses) you can run wheels whith much deeper backspace. These wheels are more readily available in all honesty because of the Mustang being a 5x4.5 pattern. The wheels I currently run are a good example. with the additon pf the adapters I am able to run a 18x9.5 rear and an 18x8.5 front. My next set up will be a 17x10.5 rear with M/T drag radials 275/40/17 and 17x9 fronts which are READILY available in dozens of options that can be had for less than $500 BUCKS for a set of 4! Here are a few pics of the wheels I currently run and some of the 17" options I am looking at. MAKE SURE YOU USE A GOOD BILLET ADAPTER! A quality adapter bolts to your car just like a wheel does creating another mounting surface. Top Fuel and ProStock racers have used adapters without problems.
GNX Clone PICS 006.jpg

250.jpg

300.jpg

450.jpg

550.jpg

Here are some more options.

Remember.....These are available for less than $500 shipped! (Except the Ruff they are around $800 in 18") This is what I mean by OPTIONS. Try and find these type wheels with a backspace to fit our cars in a 5x4.75 and you will see what I mean. It's all about DEMAND! I guess the ol saying "So many Mustangs, So little time" has it's advantages. And for those of you that are thinking "why use a stang wheel on our cars?" please note that the styles I am displaying are not your typical "Mustang" look IMO they are really nice on our cars.
650.jpg

750.jpg

46171651combob.jpg

46171652b.jpg

Ruff 278.jpg

Remember.....These are available for less than $500 shipped! (Except the Ruff they are around $800 in 18") This is what I mean by OPTIONS. Try and find these type wheels with a backspace to fit our cars in a 5x4.75 and you will see what I mean. It's all about DEMAND! I guess the ol saying "So many Mustangs, So little time" has it's advantages. And for those of you that are thinking "why use a stang wheel on our cars?" please note that the styles I am displaying are not your typical "Mustang" look IMO they are really nice on our cars.
View attachment 82020

View attachment 82021

View attachment 82022

View attachment 82023

View attachment 82024

GNXwanabe, that last Ruff is EXACTLY what I want to run on mine! Can I get it in 17x8 and 17x10. Who can i contact to get the correct adapters? I've been searching for days online with no luck, you have given me hope of not having to spend $3000 for custom rims!!!!

GNXwanabe, that last Ruff is EXACTLY what I want to run on mine! Can I get it in 17x8 and 17x10. Who can i contact to get the correct adapters? I've been searching for days online with no luck, you have given me hope of not having to spend $3000 for custom rims!!!!

That wheel is actually the one on my car in the top picture. I have been told that it is discontinued but a similar one is now available. That particular wheel is only available in 18" and 19". I have around $1300 in my set up (wheels/Nitto tires/lugs/adapters/mount and balance). I am definately going with one of the designs pictured in a 17x10.5 and 17x9. I use a local guy here for the Ruff Wheels and Nitto 555 tires. Let me know what you are looking for and I will have him quote a set for you.

Back