Lug nut torque for Weld Draglites?

JST A 6

Shoulda kept the V8 in it
Just wondering what they're supposed to be torqued to...ran my wife to work in the GN today and we kept hearing a chattering noise from the passenger side frontend that got worse when cornering. Got the car back home and jacked up that corner so I could check for a bad wheel bearing, and when I looked at the wheel I found that 2 of the 5 lugnuts were missing and the other 3 were loose!!!:eek: I'm 98% sure when I put these wheels on the car I torqued them down to 110 ft-lbs...is that correct? Only other thing that crossed my mind is somebody tried to get my wheels but this car is never left unattended outside of my garage except at car shows when I'm walking around, and then there's so many people around that I think the chances of something like that happening are slim to none. Any other thoughts on what could have caused them to come loose?

Thanks

I think I torque mine 80-85 ftlbs. I've never had a problem with them coming loose. Usually a wheel will come loose due to uneven torque per lug. Maybe it was just a freak thing. It is reccommended to check lug torque after a few hundred miles after the initial install.

This happened to me once, only because a clown that was hired at the place that put the new tires on my rims failed to torque the lug nuts down. :mad:

Well, my package arrived yesterday from Summit with more lug nuts in it. I took the wheel off to check it for damage, put it back on, and torqued it to 90 ft-lbs then I went around the car and checked the rest of them--they were all a little loose so I guess I'll have to check them all monthly when I also check the 4 bolts holding my downpipe flange to my turbo, and my valve cover bolts...:mad:

If they were new, there's your reason right there. I'm sure your car no longer has original rotors or drums so I doubt it would be the clips. ANy time you put on new lugs or wheels, they have to be retorqued, usually a few hundred miles or a week, whichever comes first. Also check and see if your lugnuts are bottoming out on the stud on your wheels, they did with my front ones on my old regal I had to cut the tops off-no biggie beings they had caps. Hope it doesn't happen again. Oh, torque specs for gbody wheels are 80ft lbs for the 7/16 studs with steel wheels, 100ftlbs for aluminum and steel for 12mm. Hope this helps. Check the seat of the lugnut against the wheel to see if they match up if this still becomes a constant problem. Otherwise it's your car telling you to put the stockers back on;) If you have any more doubts, I'd call the wheel manufacturer and ask them what to torque them to but I would think what you have them at should be sufficient.