You can type here any text you want

M&H 275/55/16 drag radials installed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
do you think it being close to the frame will cause problems...also i have gnx flares on my car wonder if they would hit..and last..sorry lol were did u order these from thxs greg

i have the gnx flares and eibach lowering springs and rubbing is not a issue:) oh and these are claudes old wheels.

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 771
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 794
so how do the m and h tires hook on street pretty decent

The M&H DR is a great street tire. I drove 1000 miles on them to race at Reynolds last year. They are soft, so you're not going to get a million miles out of them. If they are cold you can light them up a little on the first takeoff on the street, but once they are warm they really grip well. They are supposed to be comparable to the M/T DR. On the street they hooked almost as well as my old M/T 28x9 ET Drags, but it really depends on how good your pavement is.

so do you guys think those will clear with stock gta fronts and steel drums? i had 28x11.5 et streets before on convopros,and no problem. no rolled lip either

BIGPSI, you'll most likely need a 1/4 inch spacer on one or both sides.

BIGPSI, you'll most likely need a 1/4 inch spacer on one or both sides.

I have Classic Industries front wheels with aluminum brake drums. Do you think I'd need a spacer to run the tires? Paul

I run the same M&H tires, on the street I run a small spacer just to put the tire out a little more. PacecarTA has a great video of why not to use spacers at the track though. Mine do not rub without spacers on stock GTA "fronts" with aluminum drums. I did try them with regular drums and they just slightly rubbed on the passenger side. They work great on the street. My car doesn't 60' at all, so to compare, I ran a 1.71 with 26x10.5 ET Drags, and with the M&H DRs I have got a 1.73 and they weren't "new", they were probably 1/2 tread and a little dry.

I run the same M&H tires, on the street I run a small spacer just to put the tire out a little more. PacecarTA has a great video of why not to use spacers at the track though. Mine do not rub without spacers on stock GTA "fronts" with aluminum drums. I did try them with regular drums and they just slightly rubbed on the passenger side. They work great on the street. My car doesn't 60' at all, so to compare, I ran a 1.71 with 26x10.5 ET Drags, and with the M&H DRs I have got a 1.73 and they weren't "new", they were probably 1/2 tread and a little dry.

Thanks! Now all I need is to have the 20" of snow that fell yesterday melt and so I can put a set on my car :)

Last week I installed a set on my Classic Industries wheels and they fit great!

Attachments

• Ttires.jpg
    Ttires.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 238
What is the back spacing on the standard 16 x 8 GTA wheel and is it the same as the Classic GTA wheel?

I have the video on my computer at home, but not on the laptop with me, it shows a launch and within 60' the rear passenger wheel comes off because of broken lugs. I'll see if I can find it, but it'll be at least a week before I'm home.

Back