M&H Racemaster.... please take a look!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I spoke with Tom from M&H racemaster and we both want to know if there would be any intrest in making these tires.

Specs:

26x10.5x16 Cheater slick

#HB-11 compound

Price $169.00 ea.

This is for our 8" rims and would fit nicely on the car IMHO. It is basicly the 26x11.5x15 tire, but the only change would be cross section and rim size.

web address

www.intercotire.com

Please lemme know what you think

Thanks,
Bo

i'm sure you wont get a definite until the M/T's dr's come out. they are suppossed to be very good.

Originally posted by trading t/a
i'm sure you wont get a definite until the M/T's dr's come out. they are suppossed to be very good.

Not looking for commitments.

Just looking for intrest/consideration thats all.

Not alot of tires that fit our 16'' rims and I am trying to get more options.

Thanks,
Bo

i may be interested in them once the dr's come outand i check them out. what kinda deal for tubes if any would be given?

I agree.. at that price, make them unique.. 28 inch tall would rock. Who needs another sticky 26 inch tire when there are so many choices.

Heres a tip.. www.retreadsunlimited.com , couple nice sticky tires to your door for 160 a pair shipped approx.

cheers

Julio

Originally posted by Razor
I agree.. at that price, make them unique.. 28 inch tall would rock. Who needs another sticky 26 inch tire when there are so many choices.

cheers

Julio

Why would we have any use for a 28" tire? I thought we would want to maintain the gear ratio as close as possible while it seems at the big end of the quarter these TTA's are winding just right .Wouldnt want to make MPH calibrations for the street also.

lemme know if im wrong im just going off of limited experence.

:)

Bo

If you get into the high elevens like I am, and at the end of each race , you are maxing out your RPM, and the mph is around 114, the next trick is a taller tire. All I know, the last time I was at the track, the guys with almost identical cars as mine (Buick T-Types, GN's, etc) were running 27 & 28 inch tires and were out MPH me and turning mid elevens. The Buick turbo cars really do not have much too offer past 5000 rpm.

I have MT 26 tall ET's that are showing threads so I have to get some new sneakers anyway. I wanted to give a taller tire a try and stay with my 16 inch wheels. You are right, there is not much to choose from on the 16".

BY THE WAY _ unless I misread the M&H website, it looks like they have a 28.8 inch tall tire for 16 inch wheels. That actually might be too tall.

Anyway - Someone may not agree with me on this, but that is my 2 cents.

I just need the general consensus of what would be ideal for the 16'' rim on a GN or TTA or any 16'' wheel for that matter.

Thanks,
Bo

Its all bout options.. See everybody makes a 26 inch tall tire for 16 inch wheels. Hence my post. Why not play? If you want to be different.

The TTA is geared 3.27 vs 3.42 on the GN. So the GN with a taller tire it brings theyre gear ratio down. maybe bringing down the TTA gear ratio a little may be of benefit as well.

Only one way to tell.. it costs $$ to find out :D

M&H already makes a 305/40/16 that fits on the 8in wheel real nice I ran them the whole last year I had my car. they hook like mad and are DOT, very similar to an ET street!!!

The tread pattern and compound are different on the cheater slick style tires.HTH

And these are DOT legal.... I havent seen too many DOT slicks for 16" rims but a hand full. Why not another to choose from????

Sounds good to me:D

Bo

I see guys asking for 28" tire and wonder if you know about the current offerings.

M/T makes 5 ET Streets in 16" size:
26x10.5x16
26x11.5x16
27x10.5x16
28x11.5x16
28x12.5x16

Hoosier makes 2 Quick Time Pros in 16" size:
26x9.5x16
28x11.5x16

Hoosier also makes a 28x10x16 slick in C07 medium compound.I have a set mounted on stock GTA wheels and hope to see how they work soon.

HTH,
Steve

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
The tread pattern and compound are different on the cheater slick style tires.HTH

And these are DOT legal.... I havent seen too many DOT slicks for 16" rims but a hand full. Why not another to choose from????

Sounds good to me:D

Bo

Yes these are DOT. Hey the more the better.

Originally posted by SHRPTTA
Yes these are DOT. Hey the more the better.

Amen brother:D

I havent been able to collect all the different 16'' tires that are availible to us, but it looks like TTA850 has done it.

This is like pulling teeth...:rolleyes:

Bo

I am going to give the Hoosier Quck Time Pro's a try this time around.
I have the TTA 16 " wheels and want to see if the 11.5 / 28 inch tall, tires will fit back there.

I'd like to see 27" drag radials. The cheaters are fine at the track but I run my Nittos as my everyday tire. I'd need something to replace that and those would probably fit the bill.

I was on Hoosier's website and found they are not producing the quick time pros anymore.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
I was on Hoosier's website and found they are not producing the quick time pros anymore.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Bo

Got a link to where it said this? I went looking around and all I found was a 16" size I missed before, though a bit big for most of us(28x14.5x16)

Steve