M&P .22 handgun.

Dreamn4GN

Just recently picked one up. And as I tried breaking the gun down. I'm not sure of the exact name of it off hand. But, the pin that needs to be turned 90* and pulled out for the slide to come off. It is very hard to pull out. I needed to use a piece of wood to get some leverage to pull it out far enough. Had anyone experienced problems getting the pin out? Will it get easier with repetition? Just looking for some direction on how to either make it easier or If its a manufacture problem.
Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I usually look up my gun disassembly how to on youtube. they usually offer up tips on your particular model. look up a few videos. or bring it back to where you got it from and ask them

I have looked on YouTube. My full size m&p 40 comes right out just pull it and wiggle it a bit. But my .22 is alot harder. I guess I'll just keep the wooden dowel rode handy. It doesn't slow me down any or damage anything. I only broke it down once. Maybe it'll get easier

Rotate it 90* and then pull it out just slightly until it stops and "captures" itself at the very end. You can then field strip the pistol. If you want to completely remove the disassembly lever from the frame you must rotate it some more right there at the end where it "captures" itself.

I've never had any issues with mine, and have field stripped it many, many times...

K.

I can field strip it just fine it's just a pain getting the pin out that 1/2". That's all. I'm hoping it gets easier with each time. But I love this gun. Eats Winchester white box like a champ. Not many guns can do that. Let alone a pistol.