You can type here any text you want

M/T tires and Cust. Support! WTF?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
So one of the guys that is in a group of car friends in Peoria, IL had just bought a new set of M/T ET Street Radials for his daily driven 10sec C5 Vette. I have always saw/heard good about these tires until just recently, his sidewall started to seperate at less than 2000 miles so he gave them a call and asked what to do about them, if he should send them back to them for inspection..:confused: They told him since he was not the direct buyer of the tires that they would not do anything for him.. Well he then had them taken off becuase the sidewall started to tear out from the tread...:mad: Looks like this is more common than i thought... Sounds like some terrible service to their customers..

Just thought i would let everyone know and maybe get some input if this happends with our larger sidewall tires used on our cars... Makes me think twice about going with them again on my next tires...
,Dan

Attachments

• MT tire 2.jpg
    MT tire 2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 380
  • MT tire.jpg
    MT tire.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 359
Well, it sounds like they are telling him to talk to the place he got them from since they didn't buy them direct. He should try that to see what they have to say. Maybe they can send them to M/T and get credit or something...

88ZNX just bought a set of 325/50/15's..... MT ET Drag Radials....... inflated at the same pressure.... one tire is 1" bigger in the circumference. That really sux.

In your case.... they should warranty the tires....

88ZNX just bought a set of 325/50/15's..... MT ET Drag Radials....... inflated at the same pressure.... one tire is 1" bigger in the circumference. That really sux.

In your case.... they should warranty the tires....

dayuuuuum...a inch! that sux.

Man i thought these were good quality tires... My brother runs them on his Turbo 5.3LSx, but i guess it seems different... It seems like they are far from six sigma....:rolleyes:

Pretty much standard procedure to go to the company that you actually purchased the tires from for warrenty.

Reminds me of a retread tire that is letting go. Used to buy those when I was 17 with no money. sometimes they stayed together, sometimes not!

Maybe they are counterfeited Chinese copies. :D

I use that excuse every time I find something of poor quality. "Must have come from China" :D

I just mounted my new MT ET Streets on my wheels and I was reading the sticker and thought of this post.

Said that these tires are only sold for race use. Not DOT approved and not legal for the street. (Great!) And last but not least, No warranty.

I sure hope this doesn't happen to my tires too!

i will have to do that GNX, also i thought that the ET street radials were approved? i know my ET streets were for sure becuase i got pulled over by an officer in Peoria, IL and he questioned them and then checked the DOT numbers:rolleyes:

I was wrong they put both stickers on my ET Streets. The stickers for the ET Drags and ET streets not sure why though. Because the other sticker says they are good for street use. Fhewww!

Back