You can type here any text you want

machine JE pistons for stock rods?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liv4gnz

my engine builder said it might be another day because he has to machine the pistons because the stock rods will not fit the JE pistons.

any one run into this problem before?

J e pistons

I have a set of je pistons on huge Cunningham rods for my stage motor. Why aren't mine floating? Also I think the rods are stock length making this motor not a stroker, just a 4.1 252cubic inch

I have a set of je pistons on huge Cunningham rods for my stage motor. Why aren't mine floating? Also I think the rods are stock length making this motor not a stroker, just a 4.1 252cubic inch

Uh the crank with the longer stroke is why it would be referred to as a stroker...Rod length has nothing to do with it.

my engine builder said it might be another day because he has to machine the pistons because the stock rods will not fit the JE pistons. any one run into this problem before?

Sounds like the JE pistons are built for a .927" pin, like most using a floating pin/rod.:confused:

The stock rod [and piston] uses a .940" pin. He probably does not want to bore out the small end of the stock rod for a bushing as it leaves the rod very weak in that area. This is a cast rod. Boring the piston weaken it in that area.:eek:

Best option is to use a forged rod made with a .927" bore, and already bushed. Since it is a smaller diameter pin, it is usually made with stronger material than stock, and JE has various pins depending on HP level and $$$.:smile:

Back