You can type here any text you want

machine shop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87action

A work in progress
Looking for a machine shop to install set of billet main caps, turn a crank, weld up thrust area if possible and balance. This is the second time I've called machine shop and never heard back? Is this normal, back in the day business was welcome.

Customer service is down the toilet. I emailed and called my engine builder numerous times just to ask them what spark plugs to run in my new GN1's. They never would tell me...so I finally called Champion and they gave me the answer.

If you're near Tampa, Don Cruz might be able to hook you up. Other than Don, I don't know any machine shops here that I trust (near Tampa I mean).

Yeah, I called champion before and got right thru to Tom---he's a good guy. I really heard good things about Hartbeat Racing and I want to give them a try. I'm gonna be heading to Sanford this week-end. Wanted to stop by and check out his place and maybe drop off parts for machining. I'll try again tomorrow?

You might want to call Kevin over at KDK in Orlando to see if they can help ou out.

Heartbeat Racing in Mt Dora. 352-735-0500..Ask for Dave...he built my GN1 stroker,(photo's of it on my profile page)Same guy Cal Hartline use's,Go to KDK you'll never see your car again an after it'll gernade! I speek from 3 differant total motors an Lawsuit. Also is Central Florida Speed in Ocoee, but i don't have number

Enjoy!

If Cal uses him, be careful. It cost me over $4000 to have my motor redone after Cal built it. Hopefully this is a new guy. I heard the last one worked out of his garage. Jeff in Pompano and Dave in Lake Worth do great work so they must have decent machine shops. Jeff's machine shop gave me a page full of things machined wrong in my engine when he rebuilt it.

Good luck.

Know what that's like..I beleave Dave's differant,he's has warhouse an builds point car motors,Theres Central Florida Machine an Speed too, ask for Gene,he's GN owner too

Thanks for all the replies, I ended up going with Cruz-----seems to know this stuff , still looking for 1 1/4 die for cutting into block freeze plugs like the T/A blocks have?

Back