You can type here any text you want

Machining of block ????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Guys need your advice and comments ...

Machine shop is line boring and honing the main caps (new steel billet center caps), cutting the crank 20 ....

Got this from them today:

The tops of the cylinder block need machining 10 thou, as they are not parallel to the centreline of the crank.
The problem is, this would mean the pistons being out the top of the block, which would mean the piston crowns would mean machining, which would put up the compression ratio.

-----------------------

I got Ross forged pistons in there with OEM conrods with floating pins (OEM conrtods had small end bushed at some point), the conrods will be replaced with Eagle H beam forged rods as the pins and bushings in the OEM are shot ...

What would you guys do and recommend in this case?:(

You mean the block already has "0" deck clearance before machining or did they take that much material off of the mains when line boring to install the caps? I have seen engines where the pistons were out of the hole about .005" with no problems.

You mean the block already has "0" deck clearance before machining or did they take that much material off of the mains when line boring to install the caps? I have seen engines where the pistons were out of the hole about .005" with no problems.

Yep the block already have "0" deck ... the block been machined previously and insetad of getting the the deck surface parallel with the crank they just took it down so to correct this and get the deck surface parallell alot of material will have to be taken off .... so crap job done and basicly they ruined the the block and I guess this is why my bearings gone and other parts worn out prematurly as well .... :mad:

Looking to find a stock block and start all over again :(

Back