Mackinac Island

bishir

Serenity Now
I'm going to Mackinac Island for the first time in June and I was wondering if anyone one here would like to give any tips are suggestions on the trip.

Thanks,

James

Watch out for the horse turds:D It's nice up there. When in June are you going? The ST. Ignace car cruise is at the end of June I think.

Scott

Rent a couple bikes, great way to get around, you can ride all the way around the island,

We have a bike rack and planned on bringing our bikes. Will we be able to bring them with us?

Originally posted by bishir
We have a bike rack and planned on bringing our bikes. Will we be able to bring them with us?

Yep you can bring them. Unless you want one of those two person bikes to ride. You know the one where you'll be doing all the work and she will just sit there;) Or maybe that just happens to me..........

Scott

Originally posted by Quick Turbo V6
Yep you can bring them. Unless you want one of those two person bikes to ride. You know the one where you'll be doing all the work and she will just sit there;) Or maybe that just happens to me..........

Scott

Yeah, those tandem bikes are a fight waiting to happen. :D

Looking for a nice relaxing vacation this year (ie. sitting around) and this sounds like a good place. :)

Take a light coat or sweatshirt with you. That island can get cool with a lake breeze. The island is basically a tourist trap, but has some historical significance. Ft. Mackinac was occupied by the British, the US, and the french. The downtown area has those little shops that women seem to love, but also has a few bars to grab a cold one too, if you know what I mean.

You'll exit east off I-75 before you get to Mackinaw Bridge. Go thru the downtown area and there will be the ferry services not far away. Just look for signs for Sheppler's or Arnold's ferry boats.

And bring your wallet. That island isn't cheap.

Hey, so far Michigan isn't too bad. I'm in Lansing and when I stopped for the night there was a small cruise-in at the local diner.