You can type here any text you want

made 633 so far with my tuning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTA3.8

You wont keep up the pace
need to get a different wastegate spring so i can make more boost i peak at 27 but it is at 24-25 most of the way

dynograph link bellow
89tta.jpg

Nice job.

I would think that 800 hp to the wheels is very much attainable.

I am surprised to see you are making more hp than torque, usually it is the other way around.

When dad tried the dyno last time, the dyno would not load the motor to make any more boost than 24 or 25 psi. You may have the same thing happening there.

One thing I noticed also.

Peak torque seems to be occurring at 5250 rpms. That cam should be at peak torque by 3800 rpms or in that range. After that the torque curve stays pretty flat.

If you have a datalog of those runs, I would like to see it.

Thanks and please dont take any of this as negative. I bet you have a lot more tuning to do and that makes a big difference.

maybe i need to do a 2nd 3rd gear pull so the car is in full boost when it hits 3rd for the top end charge the a/f is very conservitive low 11.'s

george

I would say you have more tuning or power inthere somewhere. I made a bit over 625 with 26-27# with an 80 turbo and a 226 hydraulic roller with a 249 cu 3.8 motor, I also neversaw an a/f in the 11's, My car is still fat at 10.8 a/f right now

Back