You can type here any text you want

Maf T pro intalling this weekend any tips??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thunderace31

Banned
Like the title says I will have all the parts to install my Maf T pro this weekend and Im looking to see if anyone has any tips for the install intital set up tips what ever maybe helpfull to me :)

Im not doing the Wideband till I have a grasp on the basic deal then Ill add the wideband (Already have it here) and see how much better it is :)

Thanks for your input and info

+1 on the harness!

Also, do all the installation (including WB) at one time. You can leave the AF input turned off on the setup page, and turn it on wen you're ready.

HTH

+1 on the harness!

Also, do all the installation (including WB) at one time. You can leave the AF input turned off on the setup page, and turn it on wen you're ready.

HTH

I think were going to just do it all at one time anyway. May even use the WB right off the bat :) Dose the wide band make it easier or harder to tune???

Im also think were or going to take the timming set up of the turbo Tweek chip in the car now and set this up with that to start :) The car runs well with the TT chip and I want to try to keep the car going the same times with this and then try to go a little faster :)

The only issue I see is that we dont know the fuel curve eric put in the chip :(

Any thoughts on this idea??

I've only dabbled with the WB tuning, but so far, it's a breeze- set the target (WOT) and the system does the rest!

TT chips will work fine- you just won't have the chip functionalities of the Pro (fuel, timing, lean cruise, etc). All the data for your TT chip should be with the paperwork that came with your chip- initial settings are on the chip itself.

I've only dabbled with the WB tuning, but so far, it's a breeze- set the target (WOT) and the system does the rest!

TT chips will work fine- you just won't have the chip functionalities of the Pro (fuel, timing, lean cruise, etc). All the data for your TT chip should be with the paperwork that came with your chip- initial settings are on the chip itself.

I have the Extender Extreme chip for the maf t pro I was just thinking of setting it up the 1st time with the same Fuel and Timming as the TT Chip has since the car runs so well with it. Then tune from that point on :)
Car went 11.45 Tue with it off the foot brake. :)

I set mine up per the Pro quick setup parameters.

As far as the AFR, I target 10.7 (50s with alky)- 12.1 is way too lean IMO.

On the fence

Just wondering how you like the Pro? I have one sitting on my work bench with the extender exstreme chip and the turbo attachement...
If you unhook the power to the ECM do you lose all your settings?

Chuck

Unplugging the ECM will cause you to lose any settings programmed into the Extreme chip- the MAFT Pro unit will retain its settings.

I like the tuneability of the Pro- lots to learn, but lots of fun!

Just wan't to make sure I understand here. I can use Eric's chip? Will the functional stuff like the fuel and timing changes work through a TT chip with a MAFT pro setup?

I just got a MAFTpro, but the chip is set up for 55# injectors. I am using 60# injectors, can I use the TT chip until I get this one reburned?(If it can be reburned???)

Thanks for the help

Back