You can type here any text you want

maf translator gen 2 and pro availability?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MNwe4

Are these being phased out? I don't see them for sale anymore on the fullthrottle website. Just curious.

I can't really address that specifically, but here's what I see as a bystander. The basic Translator is obviously still available, The Axis device appears to me to be a functional replacement for the Translator Plus. Not sure about the GEN II.
But the SD2/Powerlogger system is pretty much replacing the Translator Pro, functionally speaking that is.

All chips are all still available.

Products may come and go, but there are thousands of Pros and Gen-2s out in the wild, so their chips will be available for the forseeable future.

B

Thanks for the response guys. I suppose I should update my sig since the car is complete and running. They're always under construction though, right? Haha. To clarify I'm running a basic translator and 3" metal housed MAF as a blow through setup with Eric's 6.1 chip and a powerlogger. MAP sensor (3 bar) and AEM wideband are connected to the terminal block. Everything appears to be working as intended and Eric has been great to deal with. I just started with e85 and would like to get my tune reasonably set before making any other changes.

I know the SD2 is probably awesome, but still feel that a properly working MAF that can read throughout the entire rpm/boost range with wideband tracking has its place on a mostly street car. I know that's what the gen 2 was/is for, but I do like how the WB tracking and parameter adjustment is done through the PL on the 6.1 chip. This leads me to my next question about this extra ECM I have laying around. About 10 years ago it was modified to hold a different chip which I presume could hold more information. Please see the photos.

Would it be possible to make a chip that has the extender extreme MAF functionality and the 6.1 features for this? If the answer is no would this ECM be of use to anyone?

Modded ECM photos

ecm mod 1.jpg ecm mod 2.jpg ecm mod 3.jpg

Back