MAF translator help

Bob K

My 87 GN is stone bone stock and I'm thinking about upgrading the Mass Airflow Sensor. I have to opportunity to purchase this MAF translator GenII for $100. Is this all that I need besides a new sensor? Is this a good deal or are there better deals/ packages which would be better for me? I do not not plan on modifying the car any with the exception of possibly a chip.
s-l400.jpg

hey Bob, It's Jay...that is the GEN2 unit, I think you are after just the MAF Translator along with a 3" LT1 sensor from a mid 90"s Impala or such...I just made this change on my car over the winter and it is a big improvement!

Attachments

• 1004-2.jpg
    1004-2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 55
The one that I pictured is the same as the one that was offered to me for $100. Is the one that you show an upgrade?

no it is the original translator, it is more of the plug & play version I think you would be after, set it and forget it...the GEN 2 allows more interaction and is adjustable for those who are deep in fine tuning...for the average street guy the original is a solid upgrade--although for the $100 it is a great deal

the Gen2 has a lot of flexibility, but is a more involved installation. Make sure you get the harnesses with it.

the standard translator is very popular, and is a plug-and-play solution.

Bob

Is there any real difference between the 88mm sensor & the LT1? Didn't mean to hijack thread just looking for more info.

The one that I pictured is the same as the one that was offered to me for $100. Is the one that you show an upgrade?
the Genll is an upgrade and has lots of tuning features. If you get it make sure it has the wiring harness that goes with it.

The gen 2 is a great device but if you are not a tech savvy kind of guy, the base model translator is a better choice.

Best feature of the gen 2 is the wot fuel correction. Just need to add a wide and o2.
It has a lot of other great features as well.

If this GenII translator comes with the harness for $100, would you guys recommend getting it or look for an original plug and play translator. Are there any tutorials or you-tube videos that describe how to set up the GenII?

The Gen ll is pretty easy to set up if you have the instructions for setting it up for the GN. I have them somewhere, I'll see if I can dig them up.