You can type here any text you want

MAF upgarde

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

I think my stock MAF sensor is on it last leg. It is the original from November 1985 when my 86 Grand National was purchased. I have my setup in my sig. just curious what the best replacement would be. I hear the LS1 with voltage translator is a good choice. Just looking for a consensus.

Thanks,
Charles

When changing from a stock MAF, you might find slightly better spool and response. It varies from car to car.

I could it wrong but don't you also have to modify the ECM chip from stock MAF to a different type of MAF?

I could it wrong but don't you also have to modify the ECM chip from stock MAF to a different type of MAF?
No, you do not need to modify your chip for the LT1 or LS1 maf. The translator has dip switches which you set inside depending on which maf you are using,and chip.

Thanks for the info
This is why I enjoy this site, from the novice to the expert, there is always something to learn and understand the Buick Grand National.

No, you do not need to modify your chip for the LT1 or LS1 maf. The translator has dip switches which you set inside depending on which maf you are using,and chip.
I have TT 6.0 and I think that I will have to send it into Eric and have it reflashed, AKA burn it, with updated calibration/code.

Back