Maf

Got a G.E. Tax lisence? Checker's will be the cheapest. But will be a remanufactor one.

I just bought one from Checker, Cardone brand. I wouldnt recommend buying one. My car still runs like crap. Better than recent, but not like before. :(

Geoff

You might want to go with a Trans+ & MAF from Ramchargers. I have the 3"MAF cuz the MAF pipe I had was 3":( Do a search on Trans+ and MAF to see what you can do/need.:) If you do go with a Translator get the extension cables to mount the translator in the passenger compartment.

Guy

I'll second that...

I have to agree with Guy on that one. Remanned units suck big time! I bought a Tomco unit from Poston. Worked fine for a few months then started to go downhill. Seems like the aftermarket can't get the fueling calibrations right for some reason.
I think you'd be better off buying a Translator/MAF combo from Ramchargers. Bucks ahead in the long run.

Steve

I'll be exchanging the Cardone MAF for another one. :( Car has a BAD tip in stumble, runs rough, and seems to be running under load!?! :confused: It runs way better with the MAF unplugged! Looks like it's time for a Translator. What else do I need, besides the Translator, LS-1 MAF, adapter hose 3.5>3, and filter??

Geoff

Geoff, are you currently using the Maxeffort chip? Usually Steve Y can program around a bad MAF, and/or you can gut the one you have and get Steve to program that in. No point in spending more $$ than you have to since you already have one of the best chips on the market.

Originally posted by c&cgn
Geoff, are you currently using the Maxeffort chip?

Yes! :)

Usually Steve Y can program around a bad MAF, and/or you can gut the one you have and get Steve to program that in. No point in spending more $$ than you have to since you already have one of the best chips on the market. [/B]

Thanks! I didn't know that! :eek: I'll have to e-mail him. :)

Got your 52 yet?

Geoff

How's the weather up here?

Will the track be open long enough, so that you can get a few passes in with the new combo? If not, maybe you should ship your car here! :D

Geoff

Re: How's the weather up here?

Originally posted by Geoff87
Will the track be open long enough, so that you can get a few passes in with the new combo? If not, maybe you should ship your car here! :D

Geoff

We're done for the season. Car is off the road. Nice cool weather, good for making HP but can't do much with a wet road :(

I'll ship my car over one day when I have a spare $2k US lying around ;) ($1k each way)

I'll make all my mods over the winter and start tuning again in March. Looking for deep, deep 11's.

Since I'll be over there any of you guys have a TR you want to rent? :D :p

Re: Re: How's the weather up here?

Originally posted by c&cgn

Since I'll be over there any of you guys have a TR you want to rent? :D :p

I'd be happy to have a TR that I can Drive!!:D