You can type here any text you want

MAFT Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BADDAM

Venomous Snake Handler
How many of you are running newer MAF w/ Translator / Translator plus ? Would like to see some install pics, if not, what MAF pipe, K&N, etc. are you running. Were did you mount the box, in car or under hood ? Want to get some ideas before I install mine. TIA

I am running the translator and newer MAF, check my profile and click on the car domain link. I mounted the box in the engine bay on the fender. Translator and new mAF is definatly the way to go.

~Murt

Mine is on the driver's side strut tower. Mounts flush, it's outta the way and doesn't clutter up the fender area for a big K&N filter. Dont have pics cause I dont have my car :(

I installed the T+ using the MAF cable extensions, locating the box under the dash (accessable by removing the fuse cover and pulling the box out for access). I put the MAF extension cables in a wire loom (you know, one of those plastic snakes with a split down the side) and through the firewall under the master cylinder. Looks factory.

Also used the plug 'n play adaptor for timing wires to the ignition.

I strongly recommend the MAF extension cables and Plug 'n play adaptor for the spark hookup. :)

Guilty

Mines just laying on the bottom of the inner fender while I play around.

Kind of like my ecm on the floor :rolleyes:

I did put it in a zip lock baggie :D and it has the 4 screws ;)

Re: Guilty

Originally posted by Razor
Mines just laying on the bottom of the inner fender while I play around.

Kind of like my ecm on the floor :rolleyes:

I did put it in a zip lock baggie :D and it has the 4 screws ;)

Scary- my ecm been lying on the floor since December and the
translator is lying loose under the K&N;)

Thanks for the ideas, I looked at the DS strut tower, if the plastic piece was a little wider it would fit like a glove at that location.

Sounds like I'll get the extension kit, Lee does the extension kit look like it has enough wire to make it to the center console. ?

Re: Re: Guilty

Originally posted by 1BADDAM
Lee does the extension kit look like it has enough wire to make it to the center console. ?

Yes. I can put mine between the driver's seat and the console while Im tuning :)

Re: Re: Guilty

Originally posted by 1BADDAM
Scary- my ecm been lying on the floor since December and the
translator is lying loose under the K&N;)

Thanks for the ideas, I looked at the DS strut tower, if the plastic piece was a little wider it would fit like a glove at that location.

Sounds like I'll get the extension kit, Lee does the extension kit look like it has enough wire to make it to the center console. ?

Sounds like my car, I will be doing the Samaurai (sp?) install this summer. (splice in at the ECM.)

Bob :)

Back