Main Bearing Location?????? HELP

jcj53115

I am currently re-assembling my long block, my ? is there is one upper main bearing that is different then the rest ie... the oil groove in the bearing only extends 3/4 of the bearing where as the rest go the full lengh. Which journal does this bearing go on? There Clevit bearing and the old ones i removed had one identical but I dont remember whereit was located. I'm doing this right now so any help wouold be highly appreciated

Hi,
I wasn't aware there was a difference, but good to be careful! I just pulled down my motor, bearings are still in place. I kind of think the uppers were all partial groove, but I can look. Unfortunately, it'll be Tuesday before I get back to the shop. It could be a mismatched set of bearings, which doesn't lend itself to confidence,does it?That's where clearancing comes in.Anybody else out there with this issue? Good luck!

83ttypecooled said:
Hi,
It could be a mismatched set of bearings, which doesn't lend itself to confidence,does it?That's where clearancing comes in.Anybody else out there with this issue? Good luck!

I know its not a mismatched set cuz I still have all the old bearings and 1 of the uppers is identical, I just dont remember where it was located cuz i didnt pay attention :mad: :mad:

be sure to check the part# on the bearings. two will be the same part#,wich go in the
#1 and #3 location. one will be the thrust(#2)wich u cant miss,
and your #4 will be a differnt #as the rest.

Back