You can type here any text you want

Main Bearing Location?????? HELP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jcj53115

I am currently re-assembling my long block, my ? is there is one upper main bearing that is different then the rest ie... the oil groove in the bearing only extends 3/4 of the bearing where as the rest go the full lengh. Which journal does this bearing go on? There Clevit bearing and the old ones i removed had one identical but I dont remember whereit was located. I'm doing this right now so any help wouold be highly appreciated

Hi,
I wasn't aware there was a difference, but good to be careful! I just pulled down my motor, bearings are still in place. I kind of think the uppers were all partial groove, but I can look. Unfortunately, it'll be Tuesday before I get back to the shop. It could be a mismatched set of bearings, which doesn't lend itself to confidence,does it?That's where clearancing comes in.Anybody else out there with this issue? Good luck!

83ttypecooled said:
Hi,
It could be a mismatched set of bearings, which doesn't lend itself to confidence,does it?That's where clearancing comes in.Anybody else out there with this issue? Good luck!

I know its not a mismatched set cuz I still have all the old bearings and 1 of the uppers is identical, I just dont remember where it was located cuz i didnt pay attention :mad: :mad:

Hi,
Sorry for my lack of saavy, but this situation will definitely make me keep my eyes open when I reasemble my engine. Thanks!

be sure to check the part# on the bearings. two will be the same part#,wich go in the
#1 and #3 location. one will be the thrust(#2)wich u cant miss,
and your #4 will be a differnt #as the rest.

Back