You can type here any text you want

MAITAI's truck results

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

maitai1993

ITS NOT A BLAZER......
All of my parts went in yesterday ATR front mount aux intercooler With 200 gallon an hour pump and bigger lines I went from a 1/4 gallon of anitfreez to a full gallon and it needs a bit more. by the way that intercooler sucks ass to put in nothing goes where it needs to according to ATR no cutting no drilling my ass its a good thing I had the mad scientist (ADAM) we had to build a custom braket under the truck that bolted into factory spots so he could get the pump in..
And on we go walbro 340 fuel pump with ATR adjustable fuel regulator and autometer fuel pressure gauge also custom built into the under hood by the mad scientist ..
Its wet here and I did not take it from a dead stop but I took it on I5 and was doing about 60 mph I punched it down to the floor and holy S--t it was gone with no knock (YEA I SAID IT NO KNOCK)no gas starvation I thought it was fast before no now its FU--IN fast...... Thanks to everyone who had input on this.. and a special THANKS to ADAM (the mad scientist) NONIS for his know how and metal twisting skills....
thanks Randy
Adam and I will have a web site soon I'll keep everyone posted.

P.S. Also a special thanks goes out to the wonderful people at ATR for making my life that much more difficult...Maybe the consumer should write the install guide...

I can attest to the fact that the kit is not as easy as ATR says. At least the way they say to install it. I never shyed away from some custom fabricating though. Randy definately has improved fuel delivery now though. I installed the FP gauge first and the replacement FP we put in a year ago wouldn't hold fuel pressure. New one holds FP and stopped the up-down idle on start up. It also stopped leaning out at freeway speeds when the 'phoon would kick down under boost.. . . . .:cool: We also hot-wired the FP. I don't know if voltage is as much of a problem on the SY/TYs as it is on the TBs, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

ADUM

Sounds like he's earned a more respectable soundtrack for next year's TurboThunder video, huh Frank ?

For sure, for sure! How about Stepenwolf's,"Born to be wild"? bitchin on a run in, headin out the highway, looking for adventure, or whatever comes MAITAI's way...

well its a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll and im gettin to the top but what im thinkin now is injectors (with a 7th) and alky;) we will see... It is a night and day difference now ill tell ya that.:D
Randy

P.S. Frank I think it should be more like a bat out of hell :D

Test it out at Pacific Raceways this weekend? You need a time slip to see how it really runs.I think Wanda will be there so you can get a rematch from the video:D Also i think me Roland,Dennis and some other turbo cars might make it for the last race of the year:(

Originally posted by geno I think Wanda will be there so you can get a rematch from the video[/B]

IF we go... we will just bring the race car this time. Its too much drill for both of us to have something there to race. This weekend will just be for Pat.

:D Sounds like a plan.. Geno are you driving your car or are you towing it???? Adam and I are maybe going:D

Im driving it and will be running pump gas because i dont need to get in trouble again:rolleyes: The tech guy from Pacific seen me run a 9 last time out at Bremerton and asked me about it. He is cool but i dont want to get on his bad side;)

Back