You can type here any text you want

Making a large single TB work with FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo_bu

I am contemplating changing from a 4 barrel throttle body to the more common large single throttle bodies in order to reduce air flow losses. My concern is what I would have to do to my FAST system in order for everything to still work. The main thing which I am not sure of is the TPS and the IAC provisions.

I believe that the 4 barrel TB I have is an edelbrock one. The IAC is the GM style one which is shown in the FAST catalog. The TPS uses a small round connector which I have seen on some of the older GM TB engines though it may have also been used on many other engines too. I know the GN cars use a TPS which has a 3 pin flat weather pack connector. This is similar to the one I have on my LT1.

If I go with a Wilson / FAST / Accufab 90 mm TB will I have to use a Ford TPS? What style of connector does it use? I have read on the Accufab sight that you can buy a block to retain the use of a GM IAC. Does the Wilson or FAST designs also require buying an adapter? Would any of these be a plug and play swap or would I need to purchase a Ford TPS connector and have to wire it into my FAST harness?

Checking in on this.
I am going from a four barrel to a single also along with a turbo. I was told to get accufab for fox body rustangs but I was wondering if the later GM LS1 type would work. I would like the IAC and tps to be GM.

The TPS is available from FAST with the correct connector, to bolt to the Ford style TB

The IAC motor screws into an adapter, the 1 FAST makes i think is 2 piece's 1 of which is cast and the IAC screws into.

I have the DFI iac adapter which is billet and nicer imo

Again this is on my Ford stuff, so chevy stuff may be different ?

In order to use a Ford style throttle body, regarless of manufacture, with a FAST system you will need a Ford TPS with a GM connector, an IAC adapter, and a GM style IAC. We sell all of the above pieces.

Can you ball park me the price on these? (PM me if you don't want to post actual prices)

I already have the GM IAC motor with my FAST system, so the main thing I would need would be the IAC adapter and Ford TPS w/ GM connector.

Back