You can type here any text you want

Making a little progress

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KendallF

Blah blah blah
I got my rotating assembly back from balancing, and the block's honed. The heads are also done and await assembly, hopefully tomorrow night. I don't have a spring compressor that will even begin to be strong enough for the springs so I have to take 'em to a shop. My web site's been updated with some pictures. :)

http://home.attbi.com/~frederik/

Lookin' good Kendall. Will you have enough time to finish it and have it together for BG this year?

Nice work Kendall.
What do you mean you need a stronger valve spring compressor?With your upper body developement,you shouldn't even need a compressor.:)

Originally posted by ChrisCairns
Lookin' good Kendall. Will you have enough time to finish it and have it together for BG this year?

I am just going to say it'll be done in the spring...don't pin me down to a year. :D Seriously, I'm trying. My work and family schedule is pretty much insane which is making it hard to find car time. My hat is off to those of you who tear your cars apart and put 'em back together between races, or even between seasons!

Originally posted by The Radius Kid

What do you mean you need a stronger valve spring compressor?With your upper body developement,you shouldn't even need a compressor. :)

I'd need steel hands for these...290 lbs on the seat! :eek: Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes I feel like I'm plugging along in a vacuum, you know? :)

Yup.But keep plugging away,you'll get it.One day the clouds will part and all will be well.You do have the will power,and as I've said before,you've done pretty saavy work for a guy who's not even a machinist!:D :eek:

Awesome Kendall. You're crazy dude, I wish I had the time/talent to pull off some of the work you're doing. I know its gunna payoff in the end!

Nice pics Kendll. This is what happens when you buy your parts from some fly by night parts peddler. You should have seen the block we won the championship with a couple of years ago. Have a great holiday. Ron

first off, great pictures and great work kendall, i am putting together my , close your ears, tt sbc and know the agravation of machining and fitting parts, you said on your website that bill anderson had recomended a th-400, do you know what HP the particular one you are looking at can handle reliably, i was going to use a PG but if i can get 3 speeds in the car that would be nice, and how much does a 400 built that much cost, thanks for the help and keep up the great work, take more pictures when you get the chance.
Grant J Farmer

Your car might end up light enough to use the Glide..I am not enough of a trans expert to ask. :) My car will weigh 3200+ so a 400 was my only real choice. I am going with a pretty basic build at first..if I start breaking stuff I guess I'll work my way up. You can get a basic 400 with a brake, for example, for about $850-1000.

I got my converter through Bill because he's done a bunch of these motors, got me a better price on the ATI converter than I could've gotten myself, and I watched everyone else whining about multiple converter swaps lately. :) Of course, that doesn't guarantee we'll have it nailed the first time, but at least the chance is better.

For anybody who cares, I deleted my other bitching post after cooling down a bit...who needs more of that stuff right before Thanksgiving?! :)

Happy Holidays, everyone...

Looks good Kendall!

If you don't mind me asking what kind of goals do you have for the car when it's done as far as the E/T and MPH in the 1/4?? Keep up the good work and I hope you and your family have happy holidays:) :cool:

Later.

Re: Looks good Kendall!

Originally posted by 86brick
If you don't mind me asking what kind of goals do you have for the car when it's done as far as the E/T and MPH in the 1/4?? Keep up the good work and I hope you and your family have happy holidays:) :cool:

Later.

The running joke on IRC when people ask me what it'll run: "Low, low 15s". :D Usually there's a long pause while they try to figure out if I'm serious. I'll just be happy if it doesn't blow up.

Low, low 15's LOL!

I think it should be a little bit faster than low 15's.... maybe a high 13:D LMAO! On a serious note I'm guessing you will be using a FAST B2B or SEFI system?? Also, what size/brand turbos will you be using?? I want some more details on this low 15 second combo!;)

Re: Low, low 15's LOL!

Originally posted by 86brick
I think it should be a little bit faster than low 15's.... maybe a high 13:D LMAO! On a serious note I'm guessing you will be using a FAST B2B or SEFI system?? Also, what size/brand turbos will you be using?? I want some more details on this low 15 second combo!;)

FAST, 60-1s that were originally T'netics turbos freshened by John Craig. All the details (and pics) are on my web site. I have been thinking about bestowing the title of "Master of Second Hand Information" on you for memorizing every article and post on people's combos but you'll have to do better than this! :D

Thanks for the info!

Second hand information is still good knowledge!!!;) That title fits me very well cause I take pride in knowing almost everything about the different combos people use with their TRs on this board:)

Good luck with your twin turboed Regal:cool:

Steve (86brick) aka the "Master of Second Hand Information"

Back