making car feel stable

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
I know this is going to be different for everyone since they have different feelings on their cars

but I was wondering what kind of suspension setup I could do to make my car feel more stable and controllable from higher speeds say 70mph+

I have all the body braces and the hollow front sway and atr rear sway bar
any other suggestions? I know shocks are a must but what kind?

thanks

Carl

Bilsteins.

I've tried everything else other then the Konis, and they are by far the best.

And stiffer springs, lowered accordingly.

And for serious work, 12" front brakes are a must.

Greetings Carl,

This may be an obvious answer, but start by making sure your front end has fresh components, or better, re-build it completely in case of any doubt. Don't forget the steering box, as this can sometimes be a major source of play. Begin by making the proper adjustment to the over-center preload.

I can't over-stress the importance of getting rid of all play in the front end if you want precise handling at high speeds.

Another modification you may want to try is not very common, but can make a dramatic improvement in the perceived tightness of the front-end, especially if you have high-performance tires: substitute hard-plastic bushings for the soft rubber ones, in between the frame and radiator support. (I wouldn't try this if you have T-tops, btw, and even if you don't - watch for the formation of any stress cracks at the top of the A-pillars. If they start, go back to the old bushings. The use of hard bushings in the front increases the transmission of stress from the frame to the body, so you have to be a little careful.)

I also completely agree about using Bilstein's.

HTH,
MAP