You can type here any text you want

Making progress at the track

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
I'm up in michigan visiting my sister. Went to the track today an they would only let us run the 1/8th mile d/t the track being wet. I also only got one run in before they shut down for rain. Here is what I ran:

60' = 1.496
et = 7.165
mph = 95.82

Going back tomorrow for some better weather runs and try to get my fuel dialed in so I an start getting my mph up.

Wish me luck: Jason

Hey Jason, Nice work. What is your initial imprestion of the intercooler at the track?

Best of luck,

I made a cold air/ ram air induction set up. After a run my up pipe is about 20 deg cooler than my cold air inlet pipe. Now I just have to see what kind of fuel and timing this cool air charge likes. Once I get that figured out I think I wont start seeing a real advantage until the hot summer air gets here.

Jason

Originally posted by postal
I'm up in michigan visiting my sister. Went to the track today an they would only let us run the 1/8th mile d/t the track being wet. I also only got one run in before they shut down for rain. Here is what I ran:

60' = 1.496
et = 7.165
mph = 95.82

Going back tomorrow for some better weather runs and try to get my fuel dialed in so I an start getting my mph up.

Wish me luck: Jason

DANG :eek: :eek: :eek:

Way to go...out of sight.. great numbers.. what mods are you running to get those numbers?

T63E turbo, MSD 50's, ATR 3" DP and exh, T-plus an extender chip, Home moified ATR liquid IC set up (used), Home made cold air/ram air, AC 9", Ford 9", Used rear control arms and torque arm off ebay, M/T 28x9 slicks.

Jason

Very impressive.

Guess its time I ditched the Thrasher and stepped up to the Trans+, extender, LT/LS1 MAF.

Something to shoot for :)

Jason,

Is the motor stock or have you done head work.TB, and cam yet?

What PSI are you running? And have you noticed any problems with air temps inside the manifold as you go down the track. mine was climbing over 160 degrees torwards the end of the run. I only ask becuase I'm curious as to the IC.

What timing are you setting the T+ too?

Thanks...

Julio

Razor: I was running 27#'s of boost, with 22 deg timming and Torco 118 N.O.S fuel.

I run a stock 104k mile long block with new valve springs. I am running a power plate and plenum spacer.

I dont know what my inlet temps are. My air temp snesor is in my k&n filter. I have been reading that guys running LT1 mafs can put the temp sensor in the up pipe. I think I'm going to do that so I can see what they are. After a run both my cold air pipe and my up pipe get heated up from the under hood heat. If you feel my two pipes with with your bare hand the up pipe feels about 20 degrees cooler than the cold air pipe. This has been with 65 to 70 degree days at the track. I think as summer rolls in I will be seeing air temps into the motor quite a bit cooler than what the ambient temps are.

I'm really starting to wonder if my IC is cooling the air off to much for the octane fuel I'm running (118 nos is supposed to be closer to 120 octane) and the amount of timming I'm running(22 degrees).

I think I'm going to get turbo link or direct scan. A scanmaster works great when your running right and just doing a little tweaking. I need some thing that records multiple things so I can go back after a run and try to figure out whats messing me up.

Jason

Originally posted by postal
Razor: I was running 27#'s of boost, with 22 deg timming and Torco 118 N.O.S fuel.

Jason

I think way too much octane for that timing...Higher the octane, the more burn resistant it is..Water is unlimited octane :) .drop your gaps to .32 and up the timing..try 21 lbs then up the boost ..see how it goes. Good luck..and if ya need help with the DS..hollar..

Perty easy..once you get your feet wet.

Julio

Back