mandrel bent pipes around chicago?

Louster38

Anyone know a place that sells various types of steel, SS, or aluminum pipe segments in different angle mandrel bends? I need some u bends, maybe some 90's. Just wondering if there is any place that has a good selection.

i am in the northern suburbs of chicago but am looking for any place in or around the city if there is nothing up here.

in a related subject, can you use aluminum pipes for an exhaust system? like maybe after the mufflers? is it just the cost that stops people from using aluminum over steel or does it have to do with heat transfer or something?

Louster38 said:
On a related subject, can you use aluminum pipes for an exhaust system? like maybe after the mufflers? is it just the cost that stops people from using aluminum over steel or does it have to do with heat transfer or something?
Its the coeffecient of thermal expansion and the fact that aluminum heat treats are within the realm of exhauste temps on a turbo car so your pipes would fall apart due to thermal cycling because it gets harder and will crack, not to mention the amount of flex the system would have to have due to the expansion. Stick with a good 300 series stainless for an exhauste system, especially in Chicago where they salt the roads.

search for "no chance" on this board his name is Jon, awesome prices! fast and cheap shipping

thats all for diesel rigs... not for buicks...

i would go to iggy's on montrose and (polaski don't know how to spell this) in chicago.

mybuick said:
thats all for diesel rigs... not for buicks...

i would go to iggy's on montrose and (polaski don't know how to spell this) in chicago.
are you refering to my post? racecars all over the US use his tubing, all mandrel bent in tons of angles, sizes and lengths Jon can get you what you need, cheap and FAST. heres his info

"Aluminum Tubing Sold Here"
517-266-1180
NMRA DR10121
8.87@167.93 on BFG's.

call him