You can type here any text you want

Manual Brake ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Big88

A question for someone that has changed to manual brakes, With disks at all wheels. Will I need to change the combination valve to make them work right. Thanks Tom

Originally posted by Big88
A question for someone that has changed to manual brakes, With disks at all wheels. Will I need to change the combination valve to make them work right. Thanks Tom

I wound up getting one of the brass recall ones, and then having some plugs made-up, and plugged, it all off. So it's just a distribution block now.

Depending on what combination of brake parts/ tires, you use, you might need to install a proportioning valve.

I have the PST rears, and have run the above with both the B Body 12" Spindles, and the 12" 02 Camaro front brakes.

I just put on Aerospace 4 piston calipers front and rear. And a strange 1.031 bore master cyl. The brakes don't seem to work very good. Maybe I need to get rid of that brass combination valve. And replace it with just a distribution block like you said. Thanks again Tom

Get rid of the factory combo valve. Its messing everything up. I have factory fronts with Aerospace rears. I bypassed the valve using brass T's with metric adapters and installed a adjustable prop valve to the rear. Im still using a Powermaster and it works great.

The reason I changed to this setup is my powermaster was blowing fuses. And this is a race car only, And I don't want to go down the track at 150 mph. depending on a fues to stop me. The combo valve must have something to do with the weak brakes i have now. Tom

Back