You can type here any text you want

Manual's suck

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pvt num 11

Finally driving it
I have a normal Haynes manual, for the 3rd gen Firebird, it claims to cover all models, but the TTA is absent, period. Sucks. I was hoping to come across soem basic under-the-hood diagrams and charts that would help me learn what all this mess is under the hood. Gee whiz, vacuum lines everywhere... :confused:

So, lacking that, I'm not about to go yank on anything unless I know what the heck it is and where it goes to. Does anyone have any good quality pictures of a stock TTA engine bay, that they could send me, with labels? If not, I'll go try over on TGO.

Thanks!

Agree, the original GM manuals (Helm Inc.) are defenitly worth the money. Haynes, Chilton are of no use what so ever .. but they are cheap :-)

helm is the way to go as stated above.

unfortunatly - they do not sell the tta supplement (it' sbeen on backorder forever) which i can't figure out because they sent me the '89 firebird manual - and it wasn't a book. it was a ream of printed pages like some one printed out a 500 page pdf file. :( it did have holed punched and i think it filled up 2 large 3 ring binders. i did just pick up a tta supplement on ebay finally! keep watching there will be your best bet but the prices go real high for these manuals.

Maybe we should call them to find out. The link is for the TTA supplement, which till now showed a status of 'call' or ' BO'.

It now says 'In Stock'.

They very well might have them now.
:confused:

wow! it does say instock!!! figures now that i get tired of waiting and buy a used one off ebay :rolleyes: i just called my parts guy and he still has my order for it.. he's gonna call and check what the real status is. hopefully this isn't a misprint on helm's site or something...

(the regular firebird manual does say "print to order" so i'll assume that's why i got like 2 reams of printed paper for that one)

got mine (TTA Supplement) through Classic Industries at XMAS - it had been on back order for about 2 months.

I have the service manuel supplement. That is the same as the helm one right? I don't see Helm written any where on here.

This says G.M. on it.:confused:

Helm is doing all the stuff for GM so it will only say GM on them ... have mine at home so can't look at the moment!

I have the supplement manual also. I got mine off Ebay although it's pretty well used it still works good for working on the car. The pictures and instructions aren't as detailed as something like a Haynes manual but they're good enough that you can figure it out. I would definatley suggest anyone who's going to work on their TTA to have one. It has some very detailed stuff in it though about the motor that a Haynes manual wouldn't even think of having. I woudl suggest getting both the Supplement and the normal 89 Trans Am manual (about the size of a dictionary) for working on your car because the Supplement only covers things that are TTA specific.

Bought mine from Helms about 3 weeks ago. TTA supplement and all. About $165.00. Very good service manuel. 89 firebird manuel is in pages but they do have the holes punch in them.

Jic -

Is there any way you can take a picture of the TTA supplement you got from Helm?

Wondering if it's the same as it used to be (bound, white with TTA logo on cover, etc). Or is that too just a 150 dollar PDF with holes in it?

TTA supplement is book all to itself. It is white and at the top of cover it says 89 pontiac the middle has the TTA 20th anniverary badge bottom says Service Manuel Supplement. The 89 Firebird service manuel was in pages about 5 inches thick. I have not opened them yet. Both of them were around $165.00. I would say this is the same as the factory service manuel.

helm

Hi,
Regarding the Helm people, they cover certain easy to handle stuff, after that they defer to subcontracters.Good luck!
Dale

Back