You can type here any text you want

MAP sensor wiring?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liquidh8

Hey all, kinda new to the Turbo buick's, I have a 81 buick wagon with an 86 GN drivetrain. The guy I bought it from did the conversion. I have a few issues i am trying to figure out.

1. No ALDL data to my scantool or laptop.
2. code 34, LOW MAF, but I bought a new MAF and it is still there.
3. Intermitten code 51, EPROM code.

Also, I found a wiring shcematic, but it doesn't show where the MAP sensor hooks up? Is this an add on or something?

The car runs like poop, if you stop it it bogs and stalls. So I am trying to figure it out. I know it will go into limp home with a code 51, so now it runs worst.

Any tips guys? Thanks.

Ok, I did some internet searching. The MAP sensor is only for the boost gauge in the dash correct?

Hey all, kinda new to the Turbo buick's, I have a 81 buick wagon with an 86 GN drivetrain. The guy I bought it from did the conversion. I have a few issues i am trying to figure out.

1. No ALDL data to my scantool or laptop.
2. code 34, LOW MAF, but I bought a new MAF and it is still there.
3. Intermitten code 51, EPROM code.

Also, I found a wiring shcematic, but it doesn't show where the MAP sensor hooks up? Is this an add on or something?

The car runs like poop, if you stop it it bogs and stalls. So I am trying to figure it out. I know it will go into limp home with a code 51, so now it runs worst.

Any tips guys? Thanks.

From your description is sounds pretty much like the conversion was a serious hatchet job. I doubt there's much integrity left in whatever wiring harness was used. It was probably chopped/hacked to fit/mesh.
Sounds like you have a huge job ahead of you checking everything out. I sure wish you luck.

Yes, it looks like the intentions were good, but the end results are a little sub-par. I managed to get a few legible wiring schematic. So I'll be shooting through the harness to try and get it right. I'm no stranger to wiring or tuning. I am an A-10 electrician in the Air Force, and I have a '7747 ecm with Bobr's EBL and using tunerpro in my malibu wagon. I think I got a good xdf and stock bin to work with for the '148 ecm.

The car came with 2 proms, a pitbull and a hypercrap.

I noticed in the schematic there is a wastegate soleniod that is controlled through the ECM. I don't beliveive that is wired up. I'll be using the wealth of knowledge through this board to get me strait. Thanks for the replies guys.

Back