You can type here any text you want

MAT/PTE 70mm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fuelie600

This is not strictly a Stage question, but I think more guy's here would have experience doing this. I am going to intall a MAT sensor in the upper plenum ( PTE 70mm ) for an air temp feed for my ME-R. Anyone who has installed a MAT in their upper, could you please tell me what position/location you chose to install it, and the reason for the location? Did you weld a bung, or drill and tap? ( I am also using Jasons power plate if that has any infuence). I am trying to get an understanding of how best to monitor air temps. Thank you, Brian

I drilled and tapped my PTE plenum right behind the throttle position sensor. I decided that this location put the MAT in the air stream even at part throttle.
Just my $0.02....John

I had the MAT sensor in my last up pipe. When I purchased the FM, Joe Lubrant reccomended the upper for the MAT location. I was thinking the rear center for a direct air flow hit, but would appreciate any and all opinions. To bruce, Quicksilver, EightsecV6, and lazaris----Thank you. Brian

John. Looks like you and Bruce both have yours in similar locations. Wonder how the "power plate" affects air flow at the rear of the upper?

Back