You can type here any text you want

Matching valve springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

Ok. Sent a few sets of springs to Mr. Clark to play with and he said that he was suprised to see the variances between each spring. So now that I don't trust any spring sets any more (I know you've been 10.3 on stockers. that's not helping my cause for now.) what are my options for getting them matched? Do I go through the entire riga marole (is that spelled right?) and buy four or so identical sets, match one set, and send the rest back? Are there any other options out there besides this?
I know it's not too terribly important, and that you can make minor adjustments on the head but, I was just curious.

They usually aren't varying more than 5%. Buy 16 and use the 12 that are the closest to each other and shim the rest to the heights to get them close. You're not building a watch and the springs will change after they are run. I'd want to be sure I wasn't in coil bind and had enough seat pressure more than anything

Back