You can type here any text you want

Max effort question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
Hey Guys, I have the max effort system on my car, and I'm not sure if it is acting normal, or not. As most of you know, every now and then, you have to re-set your system if it is running very rough, and rich, by turning the thumbwheel to "0", turn the car to the on position for a few seconds, shut the vehicle off, turn the thumbwheel back to where you had it.... Lately, every 2nd or third time I'm starting the car, I have to perform this reset.. Doesn't seem normal to me.

The other thing, that I don't know if it is related or not, but my chip is supposed to be set up for my specific combination, (55lbs injectors, TE45a turbo, etc) but the car is running VERY VERY rich. (don't have any scantool #'s with me right now)

Could these be connected? Should I get a new chip from Max Effort? Any help is appreciated, fairly new still.

TJ

tsaltario said:
Hey Guys, I have the max effort system on my car, and I'm not sure if it is acting normal, or not. As most of you know, every now and then, you have to re-set your system if it is running very rough, and rich, by turning the thumbwheel to "0", turn the car to the on position for a few seconds, shut the vehicle off, turn the thumbwheel back to where you had it.... Lately, every 2nd or third time I'm starting the car, I have to perform this reset.. Doesn't seem normal to me.

The other thing, that I don't know if it is related or not, but my chip is supposed to be set up for my specific combination, (55lbs injectors, TE45a turbo, etc) but the car is running VERY VERY rich. (don't have any scantool #'s with me right now)

Could these be connected? Should I get a new chip from Max Effort? Any help is appreciated, fairly new still.
TJ

Sounds like low Batt voltage. Check using a multimeter at the ecm source when cranking.

That's a good call. If the batt. voltage drops below 10 or so, it will do that. On a side note, the newer versions don't have that issue, so send your chip in and get the newest version.

Cool, thanks guys, I'll try both of these, (unfortunatly, it's almost time to put her away for the winter, I'll have lots of time to upgrade her bits and pieces.)

Back