You can type here any text you want

max logging time xfi internal data logger

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kidglok

Balls Deep
is 19 seconds really the most i can log at 20fps and 18 sensors logged?

or am i missing something?

lol

all this hype about internal logging for 19 seconds of it.

i guess its made to log a pass at the track and thats it

FWIW, the long logs suck. It is hard to find where the "pass" is....... the whole pass will be like 1/10 of the screen width...... I didn't like it.... but this was with a 1 min log when using the laptop to do the logging....

Get a dash logger then you will be able to log as much as you want as long as you want in much better resolution

FWIW, the long logs suck. It is hard to find where the "pass" is....... the whole pass will be like 1/10 of the screen width...... I didn't like it.... but this was with a 1 min log when using the laptop to do the logging....
Not sure why this is a problem , you hit hide all data and look at the boost trace and hit zoom. I can go over 30 minutes of a log and zoom it up in seconds the spot that has boost.......:confused:

Not sure why this is a problem , you hit hide all data and look at the boost trace and hit zoom. I can go over 30 minutes of a log and zoom it up in seconds the spot that has boost.......:confused:

I prefer to hide all data.....then show the RPM, PE Enable (hooked to the transbrake), the boost, and AFR...... then I begin scanning the log from left to right starting where the transbrake gets released..... I prefer to visually look at where the engine ramps up and where the engine recovers to after a shift.... to see shift points/shift recovery points. On a 19 sec log.... this run takes up the majority of the screen width and it is easy to "see" the engine ramp up, the shift points... etc.

Anyway, I'm used to looking at it on a 19 sec long log.... and when I did it for 59 sec long..... I hated the way the log looked. The data was still there.... it just was much harder to see the traces for RPM's like I wanted.

Maybe I am wierd and do things differently though.... :confused:

i wouldnt trust using the internal logger at the track, i'll keep using the laptop, but on the street like razor said "its good for when the guy pulls up next to you at a traffic light in a z06 and you dont have the laptop booted up"

i wouldnt trust using the internal logger at the track, i'll keep using the laptop, but on the street like razor said "its good for when the guy pulls up next to you at a traffic light in a z06 and you dont have the laptop booted up"

I agree.... we usually only use the internal logger anyway...... the example I used above was making some T&T runs on a buddies car and he wanted to be able to hit the space bar as he prestaged and still get to log the whole run. In his case, he didn't have the transbrake set to trigger the DL like we do on the other car I help with.

FWIW, having a switch to "arm" the DL and then have it hooked to the TB to start logging is the bees knees.

I agree.... we usually only use the internal logger anyway...... the example I used above was making some T&T runs on a buddies car and he wanted to be able to hit the space bar as he prestaged and still get to log the whole run. In his case, he didn't have the transbrake set to trigger the DL like we do on the other car I help with.

FWIW, having a switch to "arm" the DL and then have it hooked to the TB to start logging is the bees knees.

i thought it needed an auto trigger such as a tps threshold? (after the intial arming)

i thought it needed an auto trigger such as a tps threshold? (after the intial arming)
I'd have to look again.... I think we had it to make sure the TPS went over a certain percentage...... before it would log..... and the "arm" was the transbrake switch..... so when you hit the tranbrake... it armed it.... and then gassed it til the throttle went over a certain percentage and it began logging......

Sorry if I was confusing... I've been messing with two different cars and both are setup different.....

Hooking the tb button into the PE enable input on the xfi and logging the "pe enable" is what makes it all work so well..... you can see the instant you let off the transbrake.

that makes sense, because im floored as soon as i begin staging on the 2step and transbrake, i guess id have to be pretty slow not to get the whole run in 19 seconds even if i stage for 5 or 6 :)

There is no reason not to trust it. Just wire B-19 to the TB, and set the TPS as the trigger to around 80% like Blazer posted. Besides, most tracks frown on having a laptop in the car when making a pass. Make sure you add PA Enable to your dash log, then you have a flag for when the TB is released. If you are using the PA tables for Boost, traction control, or NOS, you will need to wire PA Enable to a switch and attach the TB to PA hold through a relay to reverse polarity.

I'll have to give Cal credit on the PA Enable trick, as he is the one that taught me that trick.

Apparently I don't know how to zoom..... I am such an amateur at this stuff sometimes.....

To zoom, just highlight an area and then right click on it and select "zoom". Something else that some users may not be aware of, is the ability to zero out the timer. Just move the cursor to the beginning of the run (where the PA Enable goes to "0") and then hit CTRL "T". Also when highlighting an area, the values in the dash will be the average of that highlighted area. I am sure there are other "tricks" I am forgetting

HighPSI said:
To zoom, just highlight an area and then right click on it and select "zoom". Something else that some users may not be aware of, is the ability to zero out the timer. Just move the cursor to the beginning of the run (where the PA Enable goes to "0") and then hit CTRL "T". Also when highlighting an area, the values in the dash will be the average of that highlighted area. I am sure there are other "tricks" I am forgetting

Zeroing out the timer I dd not know about, thanks for the info Cal

I didn't know about the timer either.... Good stuff for sure. I always liked that feature in DirectScan.

I guess you had it set on a minute, so you could get the entire pass recorded????:eek::D:p

I guess you had it set on a minute, so you could get the entire pass recorded????:eek::D:p
Alright smartypants.... he wanted to be able to hit his spacebar before he did his burnout and get the whole run in.

FWIW, that wasn't long enough either.

Back